Is there a way to set up call forwarding without access to the home phone?
billMee
Enthusiast - Level 1

I never had a problem with phone service for the many years living here, now with the strike, it appears that the phone lines have developed a problem.  Repair service is scheduled for August 19th but I doubt it and very seriously considering switching to another carrier. 

While pondering that move it would be great to be able to set up the call forwarding service that I'm paying for to call my cell phone but the instructions online only say how to do that if you have a working home phone.  I'd like to set it up online or from another phone but can't find a way. 

Is there a way to set up call forwarding without access to the home phone?  

0 Likes
Re: Is there a way to set up call forwarding without access to the home phone?
mike19691
Contributor - Level 1

I think if you have FIOS Digital Voice, it can be done online. If you have regular phone service then no, I don't think it is possible.

billMee
Enthusiast - Level 1

Thanks Mike, that sure seems to be the case but can support do it for me?  since our phone lines are down, the only way it could be done would be from a remote phone or from their office.

Anyone else or is that the final answer?

0 Likes
billMee
Enthusiast - Level 1

looks like no solutions!

0 Likes
keaswife1

I am having that same problem, but my schedule date is the 25th. Not to mention that I have a 2week old baby at home

0 Likes
vms_dude
Enthusiast - Level 2

Yes. The service is called "Ultra Call Forward" or "Remote Call Forward". The access number for this service is 888-294-1618. You will be prompted for your telephone number as well as your PIN. Obviously, you need to subscribe to this service for it to actually work. If you do not subscribe, the prompts will tell you as such.

0 Likes