LNP Question
mascasa

Very confused and frustrated...

Trying to signup with Verizon for new phone, Internet, and TV service. My neighbor (3 houses down) just signed up.

When I call or go online, it says my current home phone # cannot be ported. However, VZW, Vonage, and Ooma all say it can be ported. Also, my neighbor was able to have his old phone # ported from the same provider I am currently with. His phone # is even the same first 7 digits as mine!

Can someone please tell me how I can port my # to Verizon? My number is less than 3 years old!

Thanks in advance!

0 Likes
Re: LNP Question
ebanzuela
Enthusiast - Level 3

I have the same problem.  In my case I went ahead to get the new number with the FIOS service but I still would like to keep my old number and replace this new number if possible.  The anonymous calls I get from this new number is driving me nuts!

0 Likes
jumpin68ny
Master - Level 2

I suggest you call Verizon Sales Dept. and discuss this with them.  Your number may be currently with a provider that doesn't like to port numbers over.  Our local cable company (which is terrible) will not port numbers away from them if you originally got your number from them.  Its a crock because of course they will accept a number from a different provider.  Anyway give VZ a call and see if they can help you.  Remember these are peer to peer forums so the only thing folks can share is what experiences they have.

0 Likes
mascasa

So I called back the next morning and it was portable. What??? I am going to shut up and cross my fingers when the tech shows up. Good luck all!

0 Likes