Land Line Voice Mail
DeniseR1
Enthusiast - Level 1

Tried to retrieve my voice mail on my landline, and everytime I call the Verizon voicemail number it keeps asking me to enter my temporary pin number.  Is anyone else having this problem?  I tried from my home phone and cell phone and both say the same thing.  I'm not too happy with Verizon's customer service.  I called and it says the wait time is over an hour!!  Can't find a chat line.  Very frustrated.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Land Line Voice Mail
jonjones1
Legend

@DeniseR wrote:

Tried to retrieve my voice mail on my landline, and everytime I call the Verizon voicemail number it keeps asking me to enter my temporary pin number.  Is anyone else having this problem?  I tried from my home phone and cell phone and both say the same thing.  I'm not too happy with Verizon's customer service.  I called and it says the wait time is over an hour!!  Can't find a chat line.  Very frustrated.

It use to be the last four digits of your number. Then a few years ago it was all zeros.

hard to say what it is now. On the cellular side it was last four of the number. Maybe the same 

View solution in original post

0 Likes
jonjones1
Legend

@DeniseR wrote:

It use to be the last four digits of your number. Then a few years ago it was all zeros.

hard to say what it is now. On the cellular side it was last four of the number. Maybe the same 

0 Likes
DeniseR1
Enthusiast - Level 1

Thank you for your help, the last 4 numbers of my phone number worked. Apparently there was a voicemail upgrade on 5/31/18 and was supposed to get information in the mail (which I never received). After getting my VM setup again, I received a VM from Verizon stating there was an upgrade and info about it including contact phone numbers and www.verizon.com/voicemailupgrade if I have questions. I’m surprised I didn’t even receive a text from Verizon on it. Problem resolved but not impressed with their customer service. Thank you again I appreciate your response. Have a wonderful summer. 

0 Likes
jonjones1
Legend

Glad to have helped you. You have a great summer also 😀

aussie2liz

Thanks for writing this - I'm having the same problem. I was entering the passcode I had set up but it won't take it - how do you get the temporary passcode? Do you have to reset your voice mail entirely and thus lose your message? This is ridiculousness. (I didn't get that mail either)

0 Likes
jonjones1
Legend

@aussie2liz wrote:

Thanks for writing this - I'm having the same problem. I was entering the passcode I had set up but it won't take it - how do you get the temporary passcode? Do you have to reset your voice mail entirely and thus lose your message? This is ridiculousness. (I didn't get that mail either)

This question is a little harder for me to answer. There use to be a way to simply reset your voicemail via entering 13 zeros and # etc. but I don’t believe that works any longer.

on verizons end you could call and have them reset it so at least it is functional and then access it like I told the last poster. I know on Verizon wireless web portal this is something you can do via that web portal.

this Verizon site may be able to assist you.

https://www.verizon.com/support/residential/homephone/calling-features/voicemail

0 Likes
DeniseR1
Enthusiast - Level 1

To get into my voicemail I just used the last 4 digits of my phone # then reset to a new number.  When I finally got to the voicemail it gave me phone numbers to call if I had questions.  Since I don't get my bill in the mail, and I don't print the online invoice it was probably printed somewhere on the bill.  Very frustrating.

0 Likes
kudosblb

Very helpful post.  Vzn had done a "voicemailupgrade" in October and supposedly sent a packet in USMail.  So our old PIN didn't work.  I used last 4 of phone number and re-established my desired PIN and greetings.    THANK YOU DeniseR,   no credit to Vzn.

0 Likes
peacock21

What is my pin number???

0 Likes
DeniseR1
Enthusiast - Level 1

Thank you for your help, the last 4 numbers of my phone number worked. Apparently there was a voicemail upgrade on 5/31/18 and was supposed to get information in the mail (which I never received). After getting my VM setup again, I received a VM from Verizon stating there was an upgrade and info about it including contact phone numbers and www.verizon.com/voicemailupgrade if I have questions. I’m surprised I didn’t even receive a text from Verizon on it. 

0 Likes