Re: Land Line Voice Mail
RonWayne

I have similar issue where Verizon stated that I would receive something in the mail about the new voice mail update for my landline.  After many weeks, I have received nothing in the mail and have no clue how to properly set up the new voice mail.  Calling Verizon is of no help as I either go in a circle with their recorded "operator" or when I do get someone they don't seem to know what I'm talking about (ask who changed my voice mail, etc. as if they have not been trained on the "upgrade" in landline voice mail.  I'm also ticked off that the "new" and not improved service has to sound off the phone number of the spam/robo caller before getting to the message itself.  Why do I have to listen to all that?  The old and better phone message system was far better and easier to use.  Does anyone know where I can get some easy and common sense instructions on usage?  What I found on Verizon is of no help to me as I don't know many of the terms they use or what the termed functions do.  Thank you!

0 Likes
DeniseR1
Enthusiast - Level 1

Ron, I found this info from a Verizon employee.  Hope this will help you. Denise

I appreciate your feedback about the changes being made to voice mail, WENMAH45. I certainly want to help you find a way to enjoy all the hard work we’ve been putting into the enhancements. There is a way to adjust your playback options within your voice mail as sprmankalel mentioned. After accessing your voice mail (by dialing *86 or your own number followed by the # to interrupt your greeting and enter your PIN), you can use the guide at https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/how-to-use-voice-mail to find how to get to General Options based on your area. In General Options, you can edit your envelope information such as Autoplay and Call Back Number Prompting or Message Review Options, depending on where your number is based from. Does this help?

JenniferH_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Red331

I called my phone number, waited for my vm. I usually hit *, to hear how many messages I have. Today, I was asked for a pin number. I hung up and tried again. Now a mechanical voice is prompting me to leave a message...on my own vm!

I tried chat. The first person told me it was a billing problem and transferred me. Billing transferred my to technical, who asked questions I wasn't comfortable answering. How do I resolve this?

Thank you

0 Likes
kh-gary
Moderator Emeritus
Hi Red33,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Please check your Private Message Inbox for a message from Verizon_Support. You can find your Inbox by clicking on your username at the top right corner of this page. Please direct all correspondence concerning your issue to the agents, who will be assisting you privately.
0 Likes
kh-gary
Moderator Emeritus

In order to keep discussion on the community current, this topic has been locked to prevent new replies. If you have a similar question or issue that you wish to discuss, then please feel free to post a new message on the most relevant board. Thanks!

0 Likes