Landline Repair
GPSmap

I find it totally unacceptable to wait 3-days for a technician to come out and check for a dial tone.  What makes it even worse is that they tell you a technician will be there before 9PM on a certain day.  This is a residence and not a business and I should not have to waste my entire day (Saturday) waiting for someone to fix a dial tone issue.  It was very interesting that the automated system told me to go outside and plug in a phone to check for the dial tone.  I am not a technician.  Based on this experience I am beginning the process of switching all of my Verizon accounts to another provider.  One that has technicians available in less than 3-days.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Landline Repair
jonjones1
Legend

The process of checking for dial tone is not that difficult. You just take a corded phone and go out to the Network Interface Device (NID) and you will see the phone jacks.

once plugged in if you hear dial tone or can place a call, then its your house wiring which is not covered unless you have the maintenance plan.

if no plan verizon will work to get inside wire working but it will cost you.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: Landline Repair
jonjones1
Legend

The process of checking for dial tone is not that difficult. You just take a corded phone and go out to the Network Interface Device (NID) and you will see the phone jacks.

once plugged in if you hear dial tone or can place a call, then its your house wiring which is not covered unless you have the maintenance plan.

if no plan verizon will work to get inside wire working but it will cost you.

0 Likes