Landline Too Expensive
pmruzicka1
Enthusiast - Level 2

Regional Essentials Landline is too expensive and when I go to change (delete) parts of the service that I don't need online - I can't do that. Does anyone know if there is a way to just get a simple landline without all the added junk like call forwarding, etc.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Landline Too Expensive
jonjones1
Legend

@pmruzicka wrote:

Regional Essentials Landline is too expensive and when I go to change (delete) parts of the service that I don't need online - I can't do that. Does anyone know if there is a way to just get a simple landline without all the added junk like call forwarding, etc.

You don’t need Verizon phone service if you have internet service. Hook the MagicJack directly into a free lan port on your router, or plug in to any computer with a USB port You can buy a MagicJack for $35 and it comes with 1 year of service. The services you pay for now are included for price of the service. Renewals are very cheap you can get 5 years of service for about $105 not for one year but five years. Something to ponder.

now if you don’t want VoIP service there maybe a cheaper copper phone service like lifeline if eligible. 

View solution in original post

0 Likes
jonjones1
Legend

@pmruzicka wrote:

You don’t need Verizon phone service if you have internet service. Hook the MagicJack directly into a free lan port on your router, or plug in to any computer with a USB port You can buy a MagicJack for $35 and it comes with 1 year of service. The services you pay for now are included for price of the service. Renewals are very cheap you can get 5 years of service for about $105 not for one year but five years. Something to ponder.

now if you don’t want VoIP service there maybe a cheaper copper phone service like lifeline if eligible. 

0 Likes
pmruzicka1
Enthusiast - Level 2

I want a traditional landline so if power goes out I have a communication device. Just seems ridulous that it costs me over $60 for a monthly landline and my area basically has only two options.

0 Likes
jonjones1
Legend

MagicJack has a stand alone app for iPhones (iOS) and android. Called magic app.

included and it does not need anything other than a cell phone to use the MagicJack network.

0 Likes