Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you switch and bring your phone.

Landline Too Expensive

pmruzicka
Contributor
Contributor

Landline Too Expensive

Message 1 of 4
(1,011 Views)

Regional Essentials Landline is too expensive and when I go to change (delete) parts of the service that I don't need online - I can't do that. Does anyone know if there is a way to just get a simple landline without all the added junk like call forwarding, etc.

3 REPLIES 3
jonjones
Platinum Contributor II
Platinum Contributor II

Re: Landline Too Expensive

Message 2 of 4
(987 Views)

@pmruzicka wrote:

Regional Essentials Landline is too expensive and when I go to change (delete) parts of the service that I don't need online - I can't do that. Does anyone know if there is a way to just get a simple landline without all the added junk like call forwarding, etc.

You don’t need Verizon phone service if you have internet service. Hook the MagicJack directly into a free lan port on your router, or plug in to any computer with a USB port You can buy a MagicJack for $35 and it comes with 1 year of service. The services you pay for now are included for price of the service. Renewals are very cheap you can get 5 years of service for about $105 not for one year but five years. Something to ponder.

now if you don’t want VoIP service there maybe a cheaper copper phone service like lifeline if eligible. 

pmruzicka
Contributor
Contributor

Message 3 of 4
(913 Views)

I want a traditional landline so if power goes out I have a communication device. Just seems ridulous that it costs me over $60 for a monthly landline and my area basically has only two options.

jonjones
Platinum Contributor II
Platinum Contributor II

Message 4 of 4
(900 Views)

MagicJack has a stand alone app for iPhones (iOS) and android. Called magic app.

included and it does not need anything other than a cell phone to use the MagicJack network.

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.
Have a spare Fios-G1100?Learn how to bridge it into your network
Get Started

Covid19

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.
Modal Dialogue Title