Landline and DSL service
Pomimi

Yesterday I my computer could not find my server so I turned off the modem overnight and when I turned it back on this a.m. I can get my server but no phone availability. My phone shows line in use and no one is on thphi one and when you turn it on to talk, all you get is static and noise!!! Anyone else having this problem? I am in Wylie Texas.

0 Likes
Re: Landline and DSL service
Anthony_VZ
Master - Level 3

Sorry to hear about the problems with your service. Are you still having troubles since you posted this? Please reply back if so that way we can help.

0 Likes
MRW3

Greetings,

I have a question I hope you can answer. My parents are seniors who have landline only. They have never had any cable or Internet. They are old fashioned and on a tight budget.

Recently they received a letter from VZ stating they should call for an upgrade to fiber optics. I called for them and set the appt. The technicians installed an ONT and a OPSU right in the wall with a connection to the outlet. Was this really necessary? Now one of the outlets is taken up, a big box is on the side of the house. 

As long as they will live in this house, they will never get cable or Internet.

In hindsight, it seems this was not really needed. Can you clarify?

0 Likes
Rose1960

I have the same problem, AGAIN, but only when it rains.  I checked the outside of the house and it appears it is on the Verizon network side.  But, the online service insists it's on my side, within the house, which it is not.  I get either a line in-use indication on my phone as if someone is using the phone (which no one is), or a busy signal - and aways lots of static.  The problem goes away when it stops raining and dries up.  This has literally been going on for years with one attempt to fix it at the Verizon switch gear at their shop.  By the time a tech shows up at my house days later it has dried out and the problem can't be experienced by the tech guy.  I'm in Huntington Beach CA.  How can I get someone here while the problem is still being experienced?

0 Likes
Anthony_VZ
Master - Level 3

@MRW wrote:

Greetings,

I have a question I hope you can answer. My parents are seniors who have landline only. They have never had any cable or Internet. They are old fashioned and on a tight budget.

Recently they received a letter from VZ stating they should call for an upgrade to fiber optics. I called for them and set the appt. The technicians installed an ONT and a OPSU right in the wall with a connection to the outlet. Was this really necessary? Now one of the outlets is taken up, a big box is on the side of the house. 

As long as they will live in this house, they will never get cable or Internet.

In hindsight, it seems this was not really needed. Can you clarify?

I understand your concern for the extra equipment. Both of those boxes are required for any service over FIOS to work (Internet, TV, or telephone).

0 Likes
Anthony_VZ
Master - Level 3

@Rose1960 wrote:

I have the same problem, AGAIN, but only when it rains.  I checked the outside of the house and it appears it is on the Verizon network side.  But, the online service insists it's on my side, within the house, which it is not.  I get either a line in-use indication on my phone as if someone is using the phone (which no one is), or a busy signal - and aways lots of static.  The problem goes away when it stops raining and dries up.  This has literally been going on for years with one attempt to fix it at the Verizon switch gear at their shop.  By the time a tech shows up at my house days later it has dried out and the problem can't be experienced by the tech guy.  I'm in Huntington Beach CA.  How can I get someone here while the problem is still being experienced?

Sorry for the troubles you are having with your service. You said you checked on the box on the outside and it appeared to be on our end. Please clarify. When you plugged a phone into the box on the outside of the house, did the issue persist or did it go away?

0 Likes