Landline calling 911 !!!!
ChristineV

Please hehlp! My land line phone has called 911 twice in a month and the state police have to come out since my phone is dead and they don't get a response. I've done the virtual agent that checked my phone line and connected me to chat with an agent that checked my phone line. I was dropped somehow but not before I gave him my cell number. So a "supervisor" calls me that is difficult to have a conversation with. I can't even tell you his name due to his Indian accent, it sounded like Udat.  I explain that I'm worried that my phone line is compromised because I see the call log and I didn't make all these calls every minute to 211, 311,711 and various other numbers I don't recognize!! He has appologetic script and seems only concerned with the fact that I don't have a dial tone, reboots my phone IP address twice to get a dial tone and then wants to send a technician because I say that there is static or a buzzing on the line. He tells me that there MAY be a 90 dollar charge. He can't even answer my questions, I ask if anyone there has ay knowledge of this ever happening, I asked to speak to his supervisor because I explain that I don't care to have a technician come out to tell me that the buzzing on the line is from my old phones! I care about my phone being used by someone else! I care that I am bothering the police and taking them away from important tasks of protecting the community!  I ask If he can see my call log from today that there are many calls going out and I didn't make any!  I can't get through to him my concerns, I can't get to talk to a person that can undersand me he just keeps saying that he can reboot the phone and then get service out to me!  So now I will waste a half a day for a technician tomorrow and it better not cost me!  There was a storm last  night and the last time the police were called there was a storm earlier that night, but these were NOT the only two storms this year and this is very upsetting to see all the other numbers that are being called from my phone. I thought the reboot stopped it but at 1pm yet again my phone has started calling 211 , then 311. I'm sure it won't be long until I see the police again!!  

0 Likes
Re: Landline calling 911 !!!!
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi ChristineV,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you. Please go to your profile page for the forum and scroll down the page to an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name located above your post, or at the top right of this page.

Under "My Support Cases" you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. The title of your post is the link. This should be checked on a frequent basis, as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. To ensure you know when they have responded to you, you may subscribe to the case. At the top right of your support case there is a gear icon which provides a drop down menu with support case options. Click that and choose "subscribe". Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes