Landline down
rpwinger1
Enthusiast - Level 1

A storm went thru our area around August 1.  Found out about 2 days later that our landline was down.  Called service and got the automated system.  They ran a test and couldn't tell if the problem was on their end or in my house.  Went out to the media interface box, unplugged, then plugged in a corded phone and the problem still persisted (problem on their side).  Had to go to work, so waited until next day (Aug 4) to call service back.  Had to go thru the same b.s. with the automated system with the result that the system hung up on me.  Called back immediately and was able to figure out that you have to tell that **bleep** system that "no" you don't want to test the media interface.  Then the system told me the next available appointment was Aug 14.  That's right, 10 days to get someone out here to check their system.  Tried to reschedule online, but the system wouldn't let me.  When I hit the reschedule button, it would just go back to the page confirming I had an appointment on the 14th.  This is a very abbreviated account of what happened, service is deplorable (that's the kindest word I could come up with).

0 Likes
Re: Landline down
Anthony_VZ
Master - Level 3

Since we haven't heard back from you or have received a form submission as requested in your private support case, it appears assistance is no longer required. If you need any future help with your Verizon service, please make a post here on the forums so we can assist.

0 Likes