Landline making calls to 866 number
Paul3052

I was looking through my call history and it is showing several calls to a 866 number (which no one made) at verious time throughout the day including early AM.  Why and/or how is this possible?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Landline making calls to 866 number
toby72
Enthusiast - Level 3

Verizon uses a 866 number to provide simultaneous ring to Nomorobo. I don't know if everybody uses the same 866 number or if each person uses a unique number.  When I get a Robo call my phone rings once and Nomorobo blocks the robo call.  The 866 phone number assigned to me does not show up as being dialed in my Verizon Fios Digital Voice call logs. If you block the 866 phone number used by Nomorobo then Nomorobo will no longer block calls. 

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Want2Know1

I have the same problem as well and after waiting to chat with Verizon Support for 3+ hours, the solution provided was the phone number to the "Do Not Call Registry" ???? I'm not sure how that's was suppose to answer my question. Did you ever find out what this was about?

0 Likes
toby72
Enthusiast - Level 3

Verizon uses a 866 number to provide simultaneous ring to Nomorobo. I don't know if everybody uses the same 866 number or if each person uses a unique number.  When I get a Robo call my phone rings once and Nomorobo blocks the robo call.  The 866 phone number assigned to me does not show up as being dialed in my Verizon Fios Digital Voice call logs. If you block the 866 phone number used by Nomorobo then Nomorobo will no longer block calls. 

0 Likes