Landline not working
jesseca925

This morning my landline was working fine. I went to work and about 4pm I tried calling my house and I kept getting a busy single, which is weird because we have call waiting. I came home tried to use the phone and got nothing but dead air, no dial tone, nothing. My landlord's landline is working fine and she has verizon as well. Please help!

0 Likes
Re: Landline not working
ElizabethS
Moderator Emeritus

Do you have copper lines or FiOS service?

0 Likes
tired
Enthusiast - Level 2

My landline has static on it or an extra dial tone.  I went outside to check the box (as instructed on Verizon Website for trouble shooting).  When I opened up my box, wires and I guess the breaker came out and were hanging down.  (We had a technician out recently(for modem service), I guess he did not secure it back.)  Anyway I called Verizon repair.  I am very disappointed that I have to wait 8 days for a repair technician to come.  I was curious if this is typical of Verizon system wide, or just in my area.  I AM VERY THANKFUL THAT I STILL HAVE INTERNET SERVICE!!!  I am trying not to be frustrated, however, you don't realize how much you use your land line phone until you don't have it.  Also, I have lousy Verizon Cell Phone service here so that really isn't an option either.  (I live in an area with poor cell phone service - not just Verizon)

0 Likes
VZ_Javier
Enthusiast - Level 3

Dear jesseca925, 

I am sorry about your landline service being down.  Has it been fixed?  Have you called Tech Support?  Has a technician been sent out to your home? 

0 Likes