Landline problem in 718, Queens County, NYC area?
BJK8
Enthusiast - Level 3

Phone (copper landline) was working fine as of last night.  Last major repair was in Nov 2011 following a main feeder failure that affected many people in this area.

The lines on this entire block were replaced.

Last month I had my third (unrequested, unsolicited) visit in as many years form the FIOS squad.

They didn't identify themselves, but told me they were 'here for dinner'.  It took me some time to figure out who they were and why they were at my front door.

They had a clipboard of all Verizon customers on the block who still didn't have FIOS.  Long story short:  there was no 'deal' they would give me that didn't involve services I didn't need or want, for less than I am paying now.

And now, suddenly, I have another problem on my line?  What is wrong with this situation and this company?

0 Likes
Re: Landline problem in 718, Queens County, NYC area?
BJK8
Enthusiast - Level 3

I have confirmation that this is a MULTIPLE CUSTOMER OUTTAGE! 

I have added this additional information to my first repair request email to Verizon, in the hope that the repair might be upgraded in priority.

The entire feeder cable for this block was replaced in Nov 2011, now it has failed again.

If have received NO confirmation yet for my repair requests:  if any Verizon monitors of this blog catch this message, please do what you can to have this system failure repaired.

0 Likes
Re: Landline problem in 718, Queens County, NYC area?
BJK8
Enthusiast - Level 3

I would like someone to tell me how it is that you can pay ~ $65/month to a company for a service - a landline phone and a DSL connection - and that company can totally and completely ignore any customer request for repair or information.

But that is what seems to be happening, every day, with Verizon.

No dial tone going on the second day, and each and every attempt at contact with someone, ANYONE, at Verizon yields NOTHING.

- 'Live Chat':  'sorry, that service is currently unavailable'.

- Filed three online repair requests:  no acknowledgement of receipt, no issuance of any 'repair ticket'.

- The technician that appeared promised restoration of service 'before the end of the day (Friday June 26th):  that was false.''

'Customer Service' is an absolutely meaningless concept for Verizon.  Everything is designed to keep the customer in the dark.

0 Likes