List of phone calls
doglover

I was wondering if there is a way that I can get a list of calls that I have made from my land line for a specific date. I have unlimited service for both my local and long distance and tried to use the custom report.but nothing shows up. Do I have to call customer service to do this?

Tags (3)
0 Likes
Re: List of phone calls
flotsam
This will not be an option till the new VZ Fios VOIP service rolls out, for now you can have incomming calls tracked on your PC with VZ call assist.
0 Likes
Edward
Regretfully, the only telephone numbers that are catalogued are those for which there is a specific charge, i.e., long distance.  Since you are paying a fixed rate for unlimited calling, there is no record.
0 Likes
starrin
Contributor - Level 3

@Edward wrote:
Regretfully, the only telephone numbers that are catalogued are those for which there is a specific charge, i.e., long distance.  Since you are paying a fixed rate for unlimited calling, there is no record.

Are you saying that there is no record available to me, or that there is no record available to anyone; e.g. law enforcement of any ilk

0 Likes
kvelling1
Contributor - Level 1

Real life is not what you routinely see in the movies or on TV.

Generally, if you have Flat Rate service (no charge for local calls) the phone company DOES NOT keep a record of individual calls but instead 'Bulk Bills' for the monthly flat rate. If you have Measured Rate service the phone company must keep a record of each call for billing purposes for 90 days.

In certain regional jurisdictions a phone company is required to keep a record of all calls made regardless of the specific class of service/billing a given subscriber has.

However, while certain billing/calling information may be available to law enforcement agencies under court order, it is generally NOT AVAILABLE to any individuals after the 30 day bill is rendered.

0 Likes
starrin
Contributor - Level 3

@kvelling wrote:
In certain regional jurisdictions a phone company is required to keep a record of all calls made regardless of the specific class of service/billing a given subscriber has.

How does one find out what jurisdicitons; I am in Area code 757

However, while certain billing/calling information may be available to law enforcement agencies under court order, it is generally NOT AVAILABLE to any individuals after the 30 day bill is rendered.

Where/How do I get my hands on the "certain billing/calling information" which is available to me?

TIA

starrin

0 Likes
doglover

I called the Verizon to find out if I can get a list of  my local calls. I was advised that I can get a copy. It is sent a month after the closing date of my bill meaning that it is one month behind which is fine with me.

0 Likes
conmansmom
Enthusiast - Level 2
Actually that is incorrect-if you would like an itemized listing of your long distance calls you can request(1 time)previous to the most recent bill and request itemized calling for ld calls moving forward-the representative will actually enter the option in your account and you would receive your long distance calls itemized even though there would no charge for them unfortunately local call detail would still require a subpeona
0 Likes