Loss of home phone service
IWantMyCopper

For the 4th time, when I called to correct a billing error, Verizon changed my home phone copper wire service to fiber without my consent and shut off my phone service. I have no phone service.  I work from home and use my phone constantly and need service.  I have told Verizon in the past in no uncertain terms that I do not want the fiber service, I want to keep my copper to copper service.  It didn't dawn on my when I was on the phone about a billing issue that an order would be put in and they would turn off my phone and migrate me to fiber, for which I do not have the wiring!!  I was on the phone yesterday several times with different customer service reps for over 5 hours. The first one Theresa, did not seem to believe me when I told her that I knew what had happened (since this had happened to me before) and had me unplug and replug my phones and told me that since the phone was ringing from her end, it had to be a problem in my home. I told her that it was not a coincidence that right after I hung up the phone with Mark about my bill, I lost my phone service. She told me that a repair person had to be sent to my home. I agreed only to support what I knew was true: that Verizon migrated my phone service without my consent.  I asked her to follow up and when she sees that it was not a problem in my home, that she should apologize to me. I am waiting for the apology.  After that almost 2 hour call, I saw an email from Verizon confirming my new "order".  I realized that this supported my theory and called back.  The next person I got, Cathy, couldn't help me.  I was still infuriated about this and called back again.  I spoke with Juan and then Derek in Tuscon.  Another alomost 2 hour call.  Derek told me that my "complex" (I live in an aparment) was migrated to fiber. I thought that was ludicrous and told him so.  Though I wouldn't put it past Verizon to do something without telling us, since that's what they did to me personally.  I finally got Derek to put in a request that I be moved back to copper wire. What was truly unconscionable and egregious was that he told me that once migrated, you can't go back. That is unacceptable, Verizon.  I have lived through 9/11 and blackouts and the one thing I could rely on was my copper wire phone service that did not rely on electricity or cell towers. By the way, the repair person, Maylene, came today and confirmed my suspicion.  She said my OPT (Optical Network Terminal) was showing fiber phone service.  But I am not wired for it and don't want it. VERIZON, GIVE ME BACK MY COPPER WIRE TO COPPER WIRE PHONE SERVICE IMMEDIATELY. I need it to work tomorrow and everyday.  Please do not ignore this.     

0 Likes
Re: Loss of home phone service
ThiaB
Moderator Emeritus

Hi IWantMyCopper,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you. Please go to your profile page for the forum and scroll down the page to an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name located above your post, or at the top right of this page.

Under "My Support Cases" you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. The title of your post is the link. This should be checked on a frequent basis, as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. To ensure you know when they have responded to you, you may subscribe to the case. At the top right of your support case there is a gear icon which provides a drop down menu with support case options. Click that and choose "subscribe". Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes