Lost my old phone number
Sorry-comcast

I just switched from Comcast after 20 years to Verizon. it has been two weeks and I'm already regretting the move. My God, do they have any real person working ast this place!

I know I paid to retain my phone number of 35 years and I just found out they changed it. Everyone in the family is extremely mad at me, which I can't blame them. Does anyone know if it is possible to get that number back! I already can't wait for the two years to be over! I'm sorry Comcast, please take me back. 

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Lost my old phone number
jonjones1
Legend

The problem mostly lies in the consumer who wants to switch services.

what must be done is to keep the account active at Comcast until verizon can port it in for you to use. What most don’t realized is when they close the former service in your case Comcast prior to verizon porting, the consumer loses the phone number since the verizon service has no active number to port in. 

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: Lost my old phone number
jonjones1
Legend

The problem mostly lies in the consumer who wants to switch services.

what must be done is to keep the account active at Comcast until verizon can port it in for you to use. What most don’t realized is when they close the former service in your case Comcast prior to verizon porting, the consumer loses the phone number since the verizon service has no active number to port in. 

0 Likes