Mailbox 1 - how to initialize and retrieve waiting VM?
JacksonDeval

I setup (somehow) a second voice mailbox ("mailbox 1") a few days after receiving Digital Voice.

I can manage the primary/main mailbox just fine via the web and by dialing the number and entering the PIN.

However, I have this second mailbox which was intended to capture calls to my "distinctive ring" number, not the main number.

So, it seems like when I call that distinct line via my home phone handset, it asks me if I want to select "mailbox 1" and a spoken outgoing message in my voice is heard - to press 1 at that moment. However a second later I head the auto attendant tell me to press my PIN and # to open the main mailbox.

Right now my caller ID handset is reporting a message waiting, and I hear stutter tone when I go offhook.

Can anyone help me straighten out this issue? How can I init this mailbox 1 and retrieve/clear the voice message? Thanks!

0 Likes
Re: Mailbox 1 - how to initialize and retrieve waiting VM?
JacksonDeval

So, I deleted mailbox 1 and the flashing VM is gone as well as that message.

I may re-create the mailbox, but I would like some advice from anyone who has used the extrea mailbox feature - as well as using it with 'distinct ring'.

0 Likes
Re: Mailbox 1 - how to initialize and retrieve waiting VM?
VZ_Kevin
Contributor - Level 2

There's no way to set up a virtual voice mailbox for a distintive ring number so that a call to that line goes to its own mailbox. Since you have digital voice, you can set up virtual numbers - but these will go to the same mailbox as the main.

0 Likes