Switch Account

Mailbox 1 - how to initialize and retrieve waiting VM?

Mailbox 1 - how to initialize and retrieve waiting VM?

Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor
Message 1 of 3
(4,992 Views)

I setup (somehow) a second voice mailbox ("mailbox 1") a few days after receiving Digital Voice.

I can manage the primary/main mailbox just fine via the web and by dialing the number and entering the PIN.

However, I have this second mailbox which was intended to capture calls to my "distinctive ring" number, not the main number.

So, it seems like when I call that distinct line via my home phone handset, it asks me if I want to select "mailbox 1" and a spoken outgoing message in my voice is heard - to press 1 at that moment. However a second later I head the auto attendant tell me to press my PIN and # to open the main mailbox.

Right now my caller ID handset is reporting a message waiting, and I hear stutter tone when I go offhook.

Can anyone help me straighten out this issue? How can I init this mailbox 1 and retrieve/clear the voice message? Thanks!

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor
Message 2 of 3
(4,976 Views)

So, I deleted mailbox 1 and the flashing VM is gone as well as that message.

I may re-create the mailbox, but I would like some advice from anyone who has used the extrea mailbox feature - as well as using it with 'distinct ring'.

Highlighted
Employee Emeritus Employee Emeritus
Employee Emeritus
Message 3 of 3
(4,644 Views)

There's no way to set up a virtual voice mailbox for a distintive ring number so that a call to that line goes to its own mailbox. Since you have digital voice, you can set up virtual numbers - but these will go to the same mailbox as the main.

Kevin
Verizon Telecom
Fiber Solution Center

Notice: Content posted by Verizon employees is meant to be informational and does not supercede or change the Verizon Forums User Guidelines or Terms or Service, or your Customer Agreement Terms and Conditions or Plan.

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.
Covid19

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.