Message Indicator light won't stop blinking
BrianHarg
Enthusiast - Level 3

I have triple checked and I have no voice messages - yet my indicator won't stop blinking.  I see a lot of other posts about this - did anyone get a clear answer?  If so, what are some of the words I need to use when I call support?  I called tonight and the rep supposedly checked they switch and said everything was provisioned right. I asked him to open a ticket and he said that I should get a call w/in 48 hours. 

Tags (3)
0 Likes
Re: Message Indicator light won't stop blinking
VZ_JoeD
Contributor - Level 1

I can have a look at the line in case anything was missed..Private message me your Tele# if you like.

0 Likes
ohpoleez
Contributor - Level 2

Try this, when exiting your voicemail, press the  *  repeatedly until it tells you "good bye"

0 Likes
gringo

It was a problem for me.  I finally called myself, left a message, and then deleted it.  Message light went off.  Great system.

Now, I just wish I could remember how I did that (3 months ago).  Message light now blinking, and I'm looking for instructions for how to access voicemail.  Verizon's support website now claims voicemail not offered in Virginia, and won't provide guidance.  (Does this mean I won't get billed for my voicemail?...)

Like the old Bell System motto:  We don't care,  We don't have to..."

0 Likes
BrianHarg
Enthusiast - Level 3

So the saga continues....  I tried the tick of calling and exiting all the way out...  No luck...

I then tried to call and leave myself a message - to my horror - voice mail did not pick up...

I tried to change the number of rings - still no luck - just rings and rings....

Called customer service (navigating the site in VA to find a freakin' number is mind numbing...  Finally looked on my bill for a phone number to call....

Got tech support - he called my number and it rang forever...  He got level 3 tech support on the call w/ him - changed the number of rings - and it still just rings forever....

He bumped it to the super secret tech support that fixes stuff in 48 hrs- but does not tell you...  So I have to try again on Wednesday and see if I am back in business....

If not - a call back to tech support - he did give me a ticket number to reference....

0 Likes
VZ_JoeD
Contributor - Level 1

When you lift the reciever you should hear a dial tone that stutters prior to steady dialtone.  If you do not hear the stutter than there is not a voicemail and the lite is possibly refering to a missed call etc...If no stutter than try unplugging your phone for 3 minutes to reset the lite..I sent you private message regarding your ticket# and what I did to get your voicemail back up. Let me know if it is fixed

0 Likes
mikealdo

I have the same issue, Stuttering dial tone, but no messages.  How do i resolve this ??

0 Likes