Re: Military discount
rorynb

how do i apply for military discount on my verizon fios service

0 Likes
NolaCrescent

We are also an active duty military family and I was told on prior several occasions by different CS representatives that Verizon does not extend military discounts for residential services. If this is not the case and in fact Verizon does extend discounts that include residential service, please advise whom to contact to get the appropriate paperwork to get the process started. Thank you in advance for your assistance.

0 Likes
Verizon_Support
Customer Service Rep

Richatmaryland,

Since we haven't heard back from you as requested in your private support case, it appears assistance is no longer required. Please make a new post anytime you need assistance.

- Joseph_VZ

0 Likes
Verizon_Support
Customer Service Rep

Douce,

Since we haven't heard back from you as requested in your private support case, it appears assistance is no longer required. Please make a new post anytime you need assistance.

- Joseph_VZ

0 Likes
psmonarch

I am a Vietnam Era Veteran.  I was advised on my last call to Verizon I can get a 15% discount.  Can you please tell me how to do this on the website?

Thank you.....

0 Likes
KaLin
Khoros Partner
Khoros Partner

psmonarch,

Just a friendly reminder, this is a forum where users help other users.
It looks like your issue may require a Verizon representative to review your account details. Please contact our customer service team via email or live chat at:
http://www.verizon.com/contactus
Choose “Live Chat.”
If a chat agent is available to assist you, the chat link will become live after the page is fully loaded.

0 Likes
jrn918

I'm active duty Army. How do I get the military discount? Thanks in advance!

0 Likes
Track2
Anthony, I am active duty and was told on the phone that the discount was only available for wireless service, not phone, Internet, and tv service. Can you confirm it's available for all of the above?
0 Likes
jrn918
0 Likes
Rags3

I am active duty military. I went to a Verizon store to change my account from a contract to a pre paid "plan".   I don't use my phone enough to warrant almost $90 a month for service (about 30m talk; 10 texts; 50-100m data avg per month).  I thought the $60 option for unlimited talk/text and 2g of data would suite my needs and be easier on my pocket book.  It would have been even nicer if I could have recieved a military discount. There was a big sign on the wall of the store that read "Military recieve 15% Discount".  I asked the associate to apply the discount to my new plan and he said it wasn't aviailable with the pre paid plan.  I argued with the associate that the only stipulation the poster states is that the plan had to be in excess of $34.99.  The associate was unwilling to entertain my claim and refused the discount.  Is the pre paid plan not within the confines of what Verizon considers a "plan" even though this website refers to them as a plan?  If the discount doesn't apply to pre paid plans; can Verizon tailor a better plan for me that what is listed on websites?  Thank you

0 Likes