Re: Military discount
dgolfnbob

I am a civilian working for the Department of Defense. Does this quailfy for the discount?

0 Likes
Tomahawk3

All Military discounts now fall under the Federal Government Employee Discount. This includes active duty and reserves. Any former US military service member who can produce evidence of prior service, specifically a Form DD 214, is eligible for this discount, which is 15%. In addition, it includes 20% off services (data etc) and 25% off accessories (case etc). The 15% discount is applied only to the base price of a plan. (This information was accurate as of 4 DEC 2012, based on purchase of phones and activation of a service plan at a Verizon store on that date.) Fax DD214 (black out SSN) to {edited for privacy}

0 Likes
navy10mom

The original question was about landline service.

0 Likes
TSlomkowski

The page that was given to me by customer service (www.verizon.com/concessions) cannot be found and no one ever answers at the phone number I was given. How do I apply my military discount to my account!

0 Likes
stevenstein51

I have been attempting to get my government employee discount that I was told I could receive when I first signed up for Verizon back in July.  Since that time I have called numerous times, and even spoken to supervisors(none of which could help me)!  I don't know how much longer I will be staying with Verizon if they can not get this together.  Time Warner is offering the same $300 prepaid gift card to cover your early termination fees from your current carrier and I am seriously contemplating it.

Verizon please contact me, or at least let employees and supervisors in the call centers know how they can help out their customers.  It is getting really frustrating, not to mention all the wasted money from this missing discount!

0 Likes
ElizabethS
Moderator Emeritus

Hello stevenstein51

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you.Please go to your profile page for the forum, and look in the middle, right at the top where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.
Under “My Support Cases” you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. This should be checked on a frequent basis as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. To ensure you know when they have responded to you, at the top of your support case there is a drop down menu for support case options. Open that and choose "subscribe".
Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes
navy10mom

The question was  - Is there a military discount for landline service?  

That has never been answered.

0 Likes
Verizon_Support
Customer Service Rep

Hello stevenstein51,

Unfortunately due to non response we will close out the private message. If you still need help with your goverment employee discount or ever need help with anything else, let us know in a new public post.

Thank you,
-Jeramy

0 Likes
navy2014

I have chatted.  I have called.  I have gone to the store in person.  I cannot get the military discount for FIOS.  I have it for verizon wireless but I want it for FIOS.  Does verizon realize they have a problem and they just don't care?

0 Likes
yascar

hey, im also in the military and have had issues getting a discount put into effect. I was asked to provide a work email and given a link to a page that asked me for information like i was a verizon employee and i wasnt able to give my work email to anyone. 

0 Likes