Moving of Existing Telephone Pole at Address for upcoming home build
DCuervo2001
Enthusiast - Level 1

Good Morning - 

Looking to find out the protocols and correct department to discuss moving an existing telephone pole that is impacting our ability to design and build a new home.

Could someone point me to the right contact information to discuss the feasbility of moving an existing service pole impacting our property?

Thank you

0 Likes
Re: Moving of Existing Telephone Pole at Address for upcoming home build
jonjones1
Legend

@DCuervo2001wrote:

Good Morning - 

Looking to find out the protocols and correct department to discuss moving an existing telephone pole that is impacting our ability to design and build a new home.

Could someone point me to the right contact information to discuss the feasbility of moving an existing service pole impacting our property?

Thank you

1-800-VERIZON you will probably get placed on hold or eventually have the call hang up but I would contact your city, town, village engineers office. They can tell you who to contact or who owns the pole.

DCuervo2001
Enthusiast - Level 1

Thanks!

We have determined via contacting our local building department and other services providers, that Verizon in fact owns that pole in question.

0 Likes
jonjones1
Legend

@DCuervo2001wrote:

Thanks!

We have determined via contacting our local building department and other services providers, that Verizon in fact owns that pole in question.

However Verizon may not wish to move the poles in question.

they may need to see where to move them, and the cost of moving them, and if there are others on the poles that want to move their service.

i believe Verizon has easement rights. Hopefully you can convince them to move them.

0 Likes