My FIos and Voice Mail is buggy
SW
Enthusiast - Level 1

The My Fios app is crap.  1. Sending feed back gives you "you can't send feedback now, try again later" losing all the feedback you typed.  Chatting with support tells you to leave feedback in the app.   "Catch-22".

Real issue: Voice mail in My Fios app often mysteriously reappears the next day after being deleted.  Plus many times it can't even find the voice mail at all, yet the stutter dial tone is there, and killing the app on my iPhone and restarting it, and magically it finds it. (Yes, I did pull down to rescan for voice mail).  Also often it says, "It cannot connect to the voice mail system, it's busy" or "Cannot connect to the internet" and yes, it can.

The app handles error conditions, timeouts, and retrys badly, especially to back end systems.

Re: My FIos and Voice Mail is buggy
Edg1
Community Leader
Community Leader

If the app gives you issues then just call in directly from the iPhone. Call 888-234-6786 then you'll be prompted to input your phone number then # then your pin. When added the number in contacts you can also add a "wait" for your phone number and pin. This way you don't have to type it every time. 

0 Likes
stumiller
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am having the same issue as OP. Regarding your suggestion, yes that works in a pinch but if I always have to call voicemail to see / listen to messages while away from home, then what is the point of this feature in the app? If it doesn't work, disable or remove it. Otherwise fix it. 

0 Likes
kh-gary
Moderator Emeritus

In order to keep discussion on the community current, this topic has been locked to prevent new replies. If you have a similar question or issue that you wish to discuss, then please feel free to post a new message on the most relevant board. Thanks!

0 Likes