My First Month's Bill for Telephone/Internet for $216.00 I'm Cancelling Tomorrow
broke
Enthusiast - Level 2

First of all, I was charged for 5 days of service I did not even get.  I was stupid enough to choose the Verizon Long Distance Plan.  I thought I was choosing the 5 `cents a minute plan, but, nope, I chose the mindless $.40 a minute plan.  Can you imagine how that adds up. 

And, you would not believe all the add on fees that were charged.  Fees they never told you about.  I am also a Lifeline customer, but do you think made the correct adjustments for these credits.   Nope!

I spend hours on the phone with these customer service people.  Do you think any customer service person in their right mind would recommend the Verizon long distance plan when for $.40 when they could have as easily recommended a plan for $..05 a minute. 

So, first thing tomorrow I am calling, after less than a month, to cancell ALL my serivces. 

I AM SO ASHAMED OF MYSELF< ESPECIALLY WITH THE LONG DISTANCE AT ALLOWING MYSELF TO BE CONNED AND DUPED LIKE THIS> 

People, get smart about these teaser rates.  That's all they are. 

I originally ordered a residence line for $17.66, Sensible minutes for $1.99, $1.25 non listing in the directory, $6.50 Interwstate Subscriber Link.

But, get this, My Basic Charges ended up at $74.28.  My non basic charges, ended up at $.83.00, taxes, $46.00 for then to turn on a phone line. $59.21 for internet. 

Duped.  What an Idiot.   And, the sad thing is, I just dont know what I am going to do to pay for all of this.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: My First Month's Bill for Telephone/Internet for $216.00 I'm Cancelling Tomorrow
broke
Enthusiast - Level 2

sfbond, that sounds like an absolute nightmare plus early termination fees.  Maybe a call to customer service?

I actually did call customer service over these issues.  I lucked out.  I ended up talking with a knowledgeable, concerned, and smart rep, who had  empathy for my situation.  Not, the usual, ah, I'm not sure person with an edge, or the I am sure rep who really does not know what he or she is doing and/or does not follow through.  Or, the oh, I'm so sorry but what can I do about it rep. 

She was able to get the long distance mess straightened out.  Apparently, despite my previous calls, no customer service rep ever bothered to sign me up for any long distance as I requested.  So, we looked at the situation and she signed me up for the Freedom Plan, backdated it to September 1.  When I complained about my high cell bill from being on hold with Verizon, she offered a $25.00 credit. 

She is also putting in a claim check the 74.00 long distance charges.  Chances are good on this,she said.  Why this could take up to two=three months is beyond me, but I am willing to give it a try.  I will cancel everything if that is not approved, but, so far, so good. 

I never set up anything on a 12 month plan, meaning the internet is more expensive, but I just did not commit to internet plans because of how difficult is was to set up the phone.  So, no one can sock me with early termination plans. 

My advice, call, and, if you are lucky, really this is a luck of the draw, you just might get a customer rep with all of the above qualities who works with the customer and the system to find solutions.   If you do not like the attitude of the rep, hang up and try again.   There's always good people in not so great systems that are exemplary. 

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: My First Month's Bill for Telephone/Internet for $216.00 I'm Cancelling Tomorrow
sfbond
We're in the same boat here.  When I confirmed my order I was told with the triple package it would be $105 per month.  1st month bill with one week pro-rated was $185 BUCKS!!! I called billing and they gave me the oooh your bill will go down to the regular monthly rate on the second bill.  2nd bill come and it's even more....$191 bucks...I'm cancelling first thing Monday morning. My phone bill was $61 bucks...for what? I looked at my FIOS TV and they charged me 5.99 for STARZ internedt service (didn't sign up for that), another 4.99 for some Internet Security Suite 3 (didn't sign up for that either)...wierd fees on the phone bill (long distance charges I didn't sign up for)...I'm so pissed.  Ther early termination fee is LESS than my friggin bill.  Consider them cancelled. 
0 Likes
broke
Enthusiast - Level 2

sfbond, that sounds like an absolute nightmare plus early termination fees.  Maybe a call to customer service?

I actually did call customer service over these issues.  I lucked out.  I ended up talking with a knowledgeable, concerned, and smart rep, who had  empathy for my situation.  Not, the usual, ah, I'm not sure person with an edge, or the I am sure rep who really does not know what he or she is doing and/or does not follow through.  Or, the oh, I'm so sorry but what can I do about it rep. 

She was able to get the long distance mess straightened out.  Apparently, despite my previous calls, no customer service rep ever bothered to sign me up for any long distance as I requested.  So, we looked at the situation and she signed me up for the Freedom Plan, backdated it to September 1.  When I complained about my high cell bill from being on hold with Verizon, she offered a $25.00 credit. 

She is also putting in a claim check the 74.00 long distance charges.  Chances are good on this,she said.  Why this could take up to two=three months is beyond me, but I am willing to give it a try.  I will cancel everything if that is not approved, but, so far, so good. 

I never set up anything on a 12 month plan, meaning the internet is more expensive, but I just did not commit to internet plans because of how difficult is was to set up the phone.  So, no one can sock me with early termination plans. 

My advice, call, and, if you are lucky, really this is a luck of the draw, you just might get a customer rep with all of the above qualities who works with the customer and the system to find solutions.   If you do not like the attitude of the rep, hang up and try again.   There's always good people in not so great systems that are exemplary. 

0 Likes
CharlotteS
Moderator Emeritus
Thanks so much for coming back and giving us an update! Smiley Happy
0 Likes