Re: My Outgoing Caller ID Name is Incorrect
OldPhoneGuy1

Not only do I have the same problem, but Verizon is sending mail to my address with caller ID name on it! I've only had the same phone number for 31 years!

Called in first report today - we'll see how this plays out....

0 Likes
Difficulty Getting Copper Analog Phone
why32

On 8/15 I upgraded to a triple play bundle with POTS that was going to be turned on by 5pm When it wasn't working on Fri 8/17, I called and learned that the rep had not submitted the order correctly, so I had to redo everything again.  That rep said a tech had to come out and first appt would be on Fri 9/24 between 1-4.  I work at that time, and the rep was going to call someone to expedite a better install time. I never heard back from her on Friday either way.  I hope it works out!

0 Likes
greeneyedlady2

Our caller ID was incorrect.  We found out that our outgoing caller ID name was incorrect when we started getting mail addressed to a name as if he was a new resident. We also looked up our new phone number on the white pages and found the same wrong name appeared with our phone number and our address.  I started reading the online forum and found out this was quite common.  I did an online chat this afternoon to try to resolve the problem.  I was transferred to support from the first person that helped me.  He was able to verify that the wrong name was on our caller ID and that a change order had to be placed in order for it to be fixed.  I was transferred to a third person, and after I verified our account number, she said that the problem would be fixed today.  I don't know how mistakes like this could happen in the first place.  We were afraid that we were victims of identity theft when we started getting mail addressed to a strange person. I asked her why this happened in the first place.  She apologized.  Keep your fingers crossed that it gets fixed!

0 Likes
Cathy32

After 3 calls I think I finally got my caller ID problem fixed. Try calling 1-800-verizon, and tell them that you listing is incorrect. My bill was listed under my name, but my caller ID said I was Michael Kwan. Needless to say other people with caller ID didn't answer my calls. Like everyone else on this forum I switch over to a bundle package in Aug 2010.  Good Luck

Cathy  (not Michael and Kwan doesn't even come close)

0 Likes
vonner6

Landline Caller ID Displays Wrong name when making outgoing calls 9/27/2010

FOR 2 YEARS I HAVE HAD THIS PROBLEM --- COUNTLESS hours spent with incompetant or unwilling reps. .

It has now been 2 + yrs. I decided to change my number.  SURPRISE  - THE NEW NUMBER DOES THE SAME THING -- Displays the wrong name when calling out .

I am so FED UP if there is anything legally that can be done , Please let me know -- I am all for  joining in the fight .

I have come to the end of my road with verizon , they have yet again PROMISED to correct by midnight tonight -- We shall see . After 2 yrs and 2 numbers I remain skeptical .

0 Likes
vonner6

how did tht work out  for you ??  I been trying for 2 plus years and two phone numbers

{edited for privacy} My home is a copper landline  , I'm getting no reps or supers that have helped me yet  

0 Likes
PaulAndDarryl

I'm not quite sure what all the fuss is about.  I ordered phone service on Saturday, it was turned on on Monday, I discovered that my Caller ID Name was incorrect, I called FiOS Escalation Information: 1-800-314-7045 Fiber Solution Center Direct Line (Bypasses all Prompts) today and it was corrected immediately.  As far as this new customer is concerned, I couldn't be happier. 

0 Likes
jjgoodwin3
Enthusiast - Level 3

Since getting digital landline packaged with FiOS there is an incorrect name on my caller ID (I've had the number for 11 years without this issue, it just started with FiOS) and there is a totally different name on emails to me from Verizon.  And now I'm getting snail mail with the name of the person on my caller ID!   I called tech support and was told 'Encore' (?) had to submit a new service order to correct the outgoing name.  Have seen Verizon reps on the forum say it's not a Verizon problem but the reciever's phone system problem... well it wasn't a problem for 11 years, now with FiOS it's a problem AND I'm getting mail with her name on it... coincidence!?  I don't think so.  And when I first ordered the FiOS package the confirmation email had the wrong name... and that name is still associated with my account.  I asked about it when I first got the email and the 'customer service' person I spoke with said the wrong name was not a problem as long as the order was correct.  When I called to try and get the outgoing name fixed the tech support guy asked me to confirm my name, but my name wasn't what he was looking at... it was the "other guy's" name (NOT the caller ID name) so it is an issue.  I wonder what "Carrie MXXXXXXX" on my caller ID and "Paul TXXXX" on my billing would think about this.  Come to think of it I wonder whose account my name is on?

0 Likes
OldPhoneGuy1

Well, since I made my original entry above, nothing has been resolved and I have sent an email to Verizon CEO Ivan Seidenberg. We'll see if he gives a {word filter avoidance}

0 Likes
The-Beanster

Same here... Verizon customer service is the worst. Since our install 3 weeks ago, I've logged 274 minutes (yes, Im keeping track) on the phone trying to resolve multiple issue. I've been transferred 24 times over 7 phone calls. Most problems were resolved after making threats and a lot of yelling. But still, they can not fix my caller id name even at the Escalation Department.  I soooooo regret making a switch FIOS!

0 Likes