Re: My Outgoing Caller ID Name is Incorrect
The-Beanster

Got hung up on again today after being on hold for 18 minutes. Spoke to "Devon" who passed me through to "Kevin" who passed me through to the Encore department. They hung up on me before I could say a word. Then called back again, spoke to Mr. Wagoner who passed me through to the Encore department who then said they couldnt fix it and I had to go through another department ("CPAK" or something like that). They said that it was fixed but non-Verizon people that I call will still show the wrong name and there is nothing they can do about it.

What's worse is that Verizon sold my address info to several companies and I'm now getting a ton of junk mail and solicitous phone calls to the person who's name is showing on caller ID on my outbound calls.

Total time on phone with Verizon - 312 minutes

0 Likes
OldPhoneGuy1

Besides sending an email to Ivan Seidenberg, Verizon CEO, I left a message on Verizon FiOS' Facebook page. 

It appears that I got someone's attention, because my caller ID shows up correctly on Verizon subscribers' phones BUT, Apparently, Comcast updated the incorrect ID information to their database and it STILL comes up wrong on Comcast subscribers' phones.

With luck, perhaps Comcast will update their database again soon with the correct ID info......can't blame them - they were provided bogus info by Verizon.

0 Likes
No-Max
Enthusiast - Level 3

I had the same problem since getting FiOS Digital Voice.  I even started getting the snail mail with the wrong persons name on it.  I called the fiber solution center and the problem was fixed within 4 hours.  To fix the snail mail problem you need to call Epsilon Data at 888-780-3870 and ask to opt out the incorrect name.

Apparently what happens is when a phone number is registered to a "new" name, it's given to Epsilon data who then forwards the data to Welcome Wagon, and other "Welcome to the Neighborhood" advertisers.

But - check the "Welcome" coupons before you throw them out, some might be good deals - a possible upside to the mess Smiley Wink

I love FiOS the picture is absolutely outstanding!  Enjoy.

NM

0 Likes
luckee43171

@VZ_Kevin wrote:

Normally the Caller ID will reflect the name on the billing account. Have you received a bill and confirmed that that is correct? Is the incorrect name being displayed a typo-ish type situation or is it completely wrong?

Kevin....can you help me with this?  I have had this issue for 13 months (day one of service).   Over 40 hours spent on phone with fios being bounced around from one department to the next.  I am ready to cancel service at the end of this week if not resolved.  Thanks if you can help!

0 Likes
KH-OrnEsh1
Moderator Emeritus

I'm sorry you are having difficulty. An agent with access to your account will reach out to you directly by email, private message in the Forums and/or the billing telephone number on your Verizon account for more information or to help you resolve your issue.

@luckee4317 wrote:

@VZ_Kevin wrote:

Normally the Caller ID will reflect the name on the billing account. Have you received a bill and confirmed that that is correct? Is the incorrect name being displayed a typo-ish type situation or is it completely wrong?

Kevin....can you help me with this?  I have had this issue for 13 months (day one of service).   Over 40 hours spent on phone with fios being bounced around from one department to the next.  I am ready to cancel service at the end of this week if not resolved.  Thanks if you can help!

0 Likes
sanchoquijote

My outgoing caller ID is also incorrect. I don't know how Verizon could botch something so simple that should be completely automated.  I've tried to get through to customer service, but it's phone tree hell.  Can anyone please assist with this?

0 Likes
ElizabethS
Moderator Emeritus

If you are having an issue with your Verizon service, you can use the Verizon Troubleshooter to fix and report issues with your Verizon Phone, FiOS TV, or Internet Service, as well as to schedule a repair, here is the link:
http://www.verizon.com/repair
You can find tools on the Verizon Residential Support page that may help you diagnose your issue:
http://www22.verizon.com/residentialhelp

0 Likes
sanchoquijote

What's to "diagnose"?  The problem is that Verizon entered the wrong name for my caller ID.  Your repsonse is competely generic and unhelpful.  This should take five seconds for someone there to fix. 

0 Likes
digger9006

Switched from Cable to Fios in May 2011.  Up until that point my outgoing caller ID had my correct name.  However, this was changed to an incorrect name (using my middle initial and last name not my first and last names). THEY ALSO CHANGED MY NAME ON MY BILLING STATEMENTS.  After numerous hours on the phone and establishing numerous "ticket numbers" not one employee from this mega firm has yet to fix the problem.  The reason they say is that "my name is listed this way in the phone book" Naturally, I didn't input it incorrectly into the phone book.  Remember my Outgoing caller ID was correct for 15 yrs prior to switching to FIOS.  There are three numbers on my account the first ({edited for privacy}) was corrected after months of complaining. The other two numbers ({edited for privacy}) & ({edited for privacy}) still show my middle initial and last name.  Everyong has "Promised" me that this will be corrected within 24 - 48 hrs. FOR THE LAST 5 MONTHS.   Please give me the CEO's e-mail address and anyone else I can contact.

This is truly amazing.  I'll give it one more month and it's back to cable (who have already been requesting my return at a better rate)

Bob H

0 Likes
KH-OrnEsh1
Moderator Emeritus

I'm sorry you are having difficulty. An agent with access to your account will reach out to you directly by email, private message in the Forums and/or the billing telephone number on your Verizon account for more information or to help you resolve your issue.

@digger9006 wrote:

Switched from Cable to Fios in May 2011.  Up until that point my outgoing caller ID had my correct name.  However, this was changed to an incorrect name (using my middle initial and last name not my first and last names). THEY ALSO CHANGED MY NAME ON MY BILLING STATEMENTS.  After numerous hours on the phone and establishing numerous "ticket numbers" not one employee from this mega firm has yet to fix the problem.  The reason they say is that "my name is listed this way in the phone book" Naturally, I didn't input it incorrectly into the phone book.  Remember my Outgoing caller ID was correct for 15 yrs prior to switching to FIOS.  There are three numbers on my account the first ({edited for privacy}) was corrected after months of complaining. The other two numbers ({edited for privacy}) & ({edited for privacy}) still show my middle initial and last name.  Everyong has "Promised" me that this will be corrected within 24 - 48 hrs. FOR THE LAST 5 MONTHS.   Please give me the CEO's e-mail address and anyone else I can contact.

This is truly amazing.  I'll give it one more month and it's back to cable (who have already been requesting my return at a better rate)

Bob H

0 Likes