My account, not my name
jjgoodwin3
Enthusiast - Level 3

In the 10 years or so that I've had fios, there was someone else's name on my account. Many tries couldn't get this fixed, then magically Feb 2015 the name was changed from the "Other Guy's Name" to my name. It only took a few minutes, I don't know why it took so long.

Anyway, fast forward to Dec 2015.

Verizon changed my account number.  I expected issues with my automated billing, but my bank smoothly made the change.

On the other hand, when I tried to access Verizon Digital Voice online, I couldn't.  Cable and internet were not an issue, just the Digital Voice.  Painfully, there's no way to get help.  I ended up chatting with billing who insisted she was the one who was going to help, and eventually having them transfer the chat to tech support since it wasn't a billing questions (there's an idea... ).

Tech support states it will be a quick fix... not so much. After several minutes involving more than one desk, finally I get access.    But now....

The "Other Guy's Name" is back on my account summary page.

Is it really that hard, or is there an office in Verizon somewhere, "Office of How to Make It Brutally Painful for Customers"?

0 Likes
Re: My account, not my name
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi jjgoodwin3,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you. Please go to your profile page for the forum and look at the top of the middle column where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.

Under "My Support Cases" you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. The title of your post is the link. This should be checked on a frequent basis, as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. To ensure you know when they have responded to you, at the top of your support case there is a drop down menu for support case options. Open that and choose "subscribe". Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes