Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get it fast with In-store & curbside pickup or same day delivery.

My phone number comes up Private. How do I change that permanetly?

Contributor
Contributor

My phone number comes up Private. How do I change that permanetly?

Message 1 of 3
(11,313 Views)

2 REPLIES 2
Employee Emeritus Employee Emeritus
Employee Emeritus

Re: My phone number comes up Private. How do I change that permanetly?

Message 2 of 3
(11,224 Views)

Hi pjguihan, your phone number is probably set as non public number which your number would come private when you call someone.  You would need to talk to a rep in the billing department to remove your number from the non public list.

Ron
Verizon Telecom
Fiber Solution Center

Notice: Content posted by Verizon employees is meant to be informational and does not supercede or change the Verizon Forums User Guidelines or Terms or Service, or your Customer Agreement Terms and Conditions or Plan. Follow us on Twitter™!

Platinum Contributor III
Platinum Contributor III

Re: My phone number comes up Private. How do I change that permanetly?

Message 3 of 3
(11,208 Views)

@VZ_Ron wrote:

Hi pjguihan, your phone number is probably set as non public number which your number would come private when you call someone.  You would need to talk to a rep in the billing department to remove your number from the non public list.

Ron

I wish that was the case. I have a 'Non Published Number" not an "Unlisted: number. In my case it still shows up on CID, but is not available to 411 operators or publications. Is there a non published number that a residential customer can get that will show "Private""

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.
Covid19

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.