NEW VERIZON VOICE MAIL
gramsbostn
WHO IS THE GENIUS THAT CAME UP WITH THE NEW VOICE MAIL SYSTEM!! AS AN ELDER CITIZEN AND A COMMISSIONER ON DISABILITES I ASK HOW DO YOU EXPECT US TO NAVAGATE YOUR "LAUNDRY LIST"?? WHAT WAS WRONG WITH THE OLD SYSTEM?? TOO EASY TO  USE?PLEASE BE MORE CONSIDERATE OF I AM SURE A GOOD MAJORITY OF YOUR  CUSTOMERS. PATRICIA VINING
0 Likes
Re: NEW VERIZON VOICE MAIL
DarkCobra1
Contributor - Level 3

Hello and welcome!   Well this is going to be tricky for me to respond to because I don't want to offend anyone and do have a great deal of respect for the elderly as I would hope Verizon does as well.   However, the "Majority" of Verizon users (as you claim) are NOT elderly nor are they diabetic.   I think Verizon's own demographics will reflect that fact.  

Verizon most likely added to their voice mail options tree out of requests for more options from a great many members.   It is not in Verizons interest at all to intentionally and unnecessarily complicate voice mail.    Actually, I would like to give a little more credit to the elderly as I believe a great many of them will come to not only understand but accept the new added options.   Most people (young or old) really only routinely use a couple of those options on a normal basis and once you get used to the menu changes there really shouldn't be a problem.   A phone is more than just a fun device . . . it's a lifeline for many and the more choices and abilities that Verizon can give it's members (including the elderly) the more that lifeline is enhanced!

So while the appreciation and concern for them is noted, let's give them a tad more credit for being able to absorb these changes.  In fact, some of these new options may well be some of the things the elderly customers also asked to have included  🙂

0 Likes
Re: NEW VERIZON VOICE MAIL
dbrennan
Enthusiast - Level 2
Sorry to be dense - but what changes to the voice mail system?  I've been using Verizon's voice mail for years - althought I just switched to FIOS phone service.  I haven't noticed any differences when retrieving voice mail.  Just curious.
0 Likes