NEW VOICE MAIL message when no mail exists
NOVAK1

After two years working fine, my FIOS phone service has begun to announce a new voice message on my handsets with a stutter dial tone, a beep, a flashing yellow light, and a display that replaces the time and date on my phones.  I spent over a half hour wit a Verizon agent on chat and telephone, and we finally reset my FIOS messaging system.  That did not fix anything, but he closed the ticket.  It seems to have gotten even worse than before... I can clear the display using my handsets, but the announcement returns about every 30 minuytes.  I have seen similar issus in the forum, but I cannot find a solution.  I plan to try calling Verizon, but it isn't that easy to find someone who can actually fix the problem.

Can anyone assist?

0 Likes
Re: NEW VOICE MAIL message when no mail exists
Beelzel
Enthusiast - Level 3

We also are having this problem.  On our cordless you just have to hold the "#" sign to clear this ... but it will pop up again each incoming call.  Verizon (online agent) was worthless ... despite many attempts to explain the "warble" dialtone (when you first pick up the phone to dial) to the lack of access to any VM messages ... sorry I ramble, still more than upset with the 40 some odd minutes wasted trying to get help trouble shooting this problem.

0 Likes
NOVAK1

I finally got it resolved, but it took way more than 40 minutes! 

I also had the # option, but it would only last a short time even if I wasn't getting any calls.  When I called Verizon after the chat did not fix anything, the agent got an "expert" on the other line who kept trying various things while the agent passed information back and forth between us.  I finally had to get on a cell phone so I could talk to the agent and also check to see if the "warble" went away on my land line.  At one point, I was told they were going to shut down all my Verizon services and reboot... then I lost my cell signal and had no dial tone whatsoever on the land line, though my internet and TV were okay.  I called again and got a different agent, who listened to me, read the notes, and said he was going to do a full system reboot.  It took less than five minutes, and when he was done, I had a constant dial tone (no warble), no flashing lights, no Voice Mail messages unless they were legit.  That was last Friday, and (knock wood), it's still okay.

I was beginning to think nothing was going to fix it, but that seemed to... unless the "expert" did something else that I don't know about.  Hope that helps.... I know what a pain it is.  Good luck.

0 Likes
JJ142
Enthusiast - Level 2

This problem cropped up on my FIOS phone service 3 days ago. Verizon's support site calls it "Message Waiting Indicator out of sync" and says to call them. 

Which I did.  31 minutes, no resolution.  The agent told me I was exiting from voicemail INCORRECTLY after listening to messages.  I didn't tell him how absurd this was because I wanted his help. 

He was unable to reset my VM remotely.  He then called my # and left a vm message.  He instructed me to listen to his message, delete it, then WAIT FOR THE PROMPT TO EXIT VOICEMAIL instead of just hanging up.  This would fix it, he said.

Guess what, Verizon?  THERE IS NO PROMPT TO EXIT VOICEMAIL.

Can anyone steer me to a higher level of support?  A place where I can email everything I wrote here, and maybe get a call-back?  I would appreciate any advice.

0 Likes
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi JJ142,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you. Please go to your profile page for the forum and look at the top of the middle column where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.

Under "My Support Cases" you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. This should be checked on a frequent basis, as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes
JJ142
Enthusiast - Level 2

Over the past several hours, I have had communications from Verizon personnel, suggesting "fixes" that don't work.  After trying them and failing, I haven't heard anything more.  I will add, 2 different reps contacted me through "private messages" leading to some confusion and uncertainty on my part.  Who had seniority?  Who might have the definitive answer?  I finally just answered both of them.  Now they're both observing "radio silence."

Others on this forum have had the same problem solved remotely by Verizon.  The rep I spoke with earlier today told me he had tried to reset my vm but had failed.  I think a more experienced tech rep would be able to do this.  I don't understand why this has not been offered to me as an option.

0 Likes
Verizon_Support
Customer Service Rep

Good afternoon JJ142,

We were able to clear the message waiting indicator. Sorry for the inconvenience. We are closing your private support case as resolved. Please be sure to let us know if you have any other questions or concerns regarding your service. Have a wonderful day!

Thank you,

Rachel_VZ

0 Likes
madashell11

This is now March 17 2015 and this same old problem still happens.  I also have wasted many hours over the months trying to find a way to eliminate this anoyance.  I also have found that any one who supposedly represents customer service or tech help cannot not provide any answers. It seems that Verizon does not care at all for how sloppy their system is. By the way,  DON'T WASTE THE TIME LOOKING FOR ANY ANSWERS TO ANY PROBLEMS FROM THIS CORP.

0 Likes
tns2
Community Leader
Community Leader

You can reset the mail indicator on the WEBSITE.

0 Likes
Not applicable

same problem - I was forced to get fios phone and now when I pick phone up I get the warbling but no messages - customer support has been worthless-the first person seemed to know what she was doing with a reset of at least phone if not whole system, but no luck in end and she never checked back as she as she said she would after telling me a person who knew more would look into it the next day. second guy could not even understand my problem he was horrible! can someone from verizon help me ?

0 Likes