NO Dial Tone, but ticket CLOSED... Why?
HillbillyHill
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have been having trouble on/off with static/noise on my landline for months. Several trouble tickets and a variety of techs and lineman have not completely solved the issue. Tickets are being closed without reliable repair. Verizon Tech could not explain why this was happening, but he did say that I could call his cell when the line is really noisy and leave a voicemail and he will discuss the issue with his supervisor.

So, we did that several times, the line was so staticy that you had to yell.

A week and a few messages later, I had to have another trouble ticket issues. Problem was partially fixed the next day.

Now, 4 days later I have NO Dial Tone. Another Repair ticket issued yesterday, scheduled to be repaired by 4pm today and it's after 7pm now.

No one came to fix it, Repair Ticket status shows CLOSED and I Still have NO Dial Tone. I have checked the Network Interface Box and there is No Dial Tone there either, just a slight hum and static.

I do Not have cell service at home, cable/Fios are not an option and the verizon troubleshooter is useless for those of us left in the dirt with corroded copper wire.

It's ridiculous that I have to post on a message board in order to get help from Verizon. I never expected to say it... but I am glad that I have Hughesnet or I wouldn't even be able to message.

Moderator: I'll be watching for a PM in order to have this issue addressed.

Everyone else: Thanks for letting me vent... trust me, I said alot more than I typed!

Re: NO Dial Tone, but ticket CLOSED... Why?
tns2
Community Leader
Community Leader

You can ALWAYS reopen a closed ticket.  Obviously someone thought it was fixed or miss keyed another problem.

No you don't have to use the forum to fix problems.  In fact it is not recommended as they are mainly Peer to Peer.

Try http://verizon.com/repair to get to your ticket.

0 Likes
HillbillyHill
Enthusiast - Level 1

verizon.com/repair takes me to this message:

"Manage Repair Tickets and Service Appointments

I have been designed to help FiOS Internet customers.

If you would like additional support please visit verizon.com/support."

------

The support and troubleshooter are not very useful for copper landline problems. FiOS is Not available in my area and I do not have cell service at home, so calling customer service is out of the question. I posted here after hours of frustration with the verizon troubleshooter.

I was able to check the ticket status earlier today and it is Closed. I did not see any option to reopen.

It will not let me see it again. I am receiving this message:

"Authentication Required

To access your ticket we need to verify your identity"

I am logged into myverizon.... what else does it need to verify my identity???

Anyways, I click "next" and it takes me right back to where I started, "I have been designed to help FiOS Internet customers"

Ugh...I'll try again tomorrow...

0 Likes
kh-gary
Moderator Emeritus

Hi HillbillyHill,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you. Please go to your profile page for the forum and look at the top of the middle column where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases." You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.

Under "My Support Cases" you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. The title of your post is the link. This should be checked on a frequent basis, as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. To ensure you know when they have responded to you, at the top of your support case there is a drop down menu for support case options. Open that and choose "subscribe." Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes