NO LANDLINE!!!!!
rsjbt

Finally got hold of someone at verizon and they told me it would not be till Jan. 3 before they can service my phone.  What do they think everyone has a cell phone?  My husband has a go phone but that's not much good for eveyday phone calls.  I find it unacceptable that it will take that long to get my home phone back.  May have to rethink having verizon phone?

0 Likes
Re: NO LANDLINE!!!!!
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader
You need to complain to your local Public Utility Commission if no amount of asking to Verizon will get them to dispatch a tech sooner. If the landline is completely out, they have a requirement to get the line fixed, typically within a day or two. Complete outages are on a higher priority for repair than troubles resulting in degrades service.
0 Likes
rsjbt

day three still no phone.  found out my brother was in the icu and my family could not get a hold of me. he's fine now.  sent a email to verizon to still no response on that either.  may have to call the puc and complain.

0 Likes
Poorfellow
Enthusiast - Level 3

@rsjbt wrote:

day three still no phone.  found out my brother was in the icu and my family could not get a hold of me. he's fine now.  sent a email to verizon to still no response on that either.  may have to call the puc and complain.

Since today is January 3rd, did an Installer and Repair tech get you going already?

If you are without dialtone, I highly suggest following-up with repair verbally, rather than emailing.

If they cannot move you to a closer repair date, I'd reach-out to everyone that's important to me and give them alternate contact info (if available) and contact the local public utilities commission as was suggested.  Before taking that step, you should probably follow-up verbally with Verizon.

Thanks!

0 Likes
rsjbt

repair man was here around 9:00am and they would have to send someone else out to replace aline not sure which one.  it is now 2:00 pm and still no one else has come back yet.  don't know why when they sent some one out they were not able to replace the line.  I think it is the one that runs from my house to the main.  call the puc after talking to verizon the other day. . verizon person sugested that  since i had no cell to get a go phone.  i asked if they were going to pay for it they said no.  no help with the puc either they told me to call back if my phone was not repaired today.  well we will see.  still waiting!!!!!!!!!!!

0 Likes
Poorfellow
Enthusiast - Level 3

@rsjbt wrote:

repair man was here around 9:00am and they would have to send someone else out to replace aline not sure which one.  it is now 2:00 pm and still no one else has come back yet.  don't know why when they sent some one out they were not able to replace the line.  I think it is the one that runs from my house to the main.  call the puc after talking to verizon the other day. . verizon person sugested that  since i had no cell to get a go phone.  i asked if they were going to pay for it they said no.  no help with the puc either they told me to call back if my phone was not repaired today.  well we will see.  still waiting!!!!!!!!!!!

Sorry to hear that.  It's exceptionally annoying to not have a real Bell land line phone working.

I'd definitely suggest following-up.  They can make sure that the local dispatch folks have a record of the situation, and find some solution.

0 Likes
rsjbt

it was after 3:00 when they finally showed back up to fix my phone.  no line changes they just worked on several differnt tying ares on the lines.  took the repair man about an hour to fix and then had some static on the line.was snowing like hell so I said it was okay to come back the next day.  phone seems to be working fine now but internet is now acting up.  I give up. 

0 Likes
Poorfellow
Enthusiast - Level 3

@rsjbt wrote:

it was after 3:00 when they finally showed back up to fix my phone.  no line changes they just worked on several differnt tying ares on the lines.  took the repair man about an hour to fix and then had some static on the line.was snowing like hell so I said it was okay to come back the next day.  phone seems to be working fine now but internet is now acting up.  I give up. 

As long as they're still working on the line noise issue, why give up?  Verizon has a responsibility to deliver a voice grade line with specific requirements with regard to line noise and other specifications.  They will try every pair available in your neighborhood until a good pair is found.  If a good pair is not found in the neighborhood, the issue could be in the pair going to the central office.  They will go through this until they either find good pairs, giving you clear service, or determine that no good pairs are available and get the 'cable' (Verizon speak for splicers/trouble) involved.

You will eventually get a quiet line, but you may need to help Verizon along the way.  They sometimes have no way to determine line quality outside of the customer making issues known.

0 Likes