Need To Schedule Repair (No Dial Tone & No Cell Phone to call Verizon)
CatfishRivers
Enthusiast - Level 1

About a month ago Verizon took out my copper line and installed a POTS digital FIOS telephone line. I have had a lot of trouble with this thing. The first week a repair crew was out because of humming noise on line.

Now tonight it was raining and I have no dial tone. I have no cell phone either so I'm unable to call the Verizon office to schedule a repair. Is there a way I can report my phone outage & schedule a repair with Verizon? I don't really know my neighbors and I don't want to bother them to use their phone.

Thank you.

0 Likes
Re: Need To Schedule Repair (No Dial Tone & No Cell Phone to call Verizon)
ElizabethS
Moderator Emeritus

If you are having an issue with your Verizon service, you can use the Verizon Troubleshooter to fix and report issues with your Verizon Phone, FiOS TV, or Internet Service, as well as to schedule a repair, here is the link:
http://www.verizon.com/repair

0 Likes
CatfishRivers
Enthusiast - Level 1

Ok I followed your link and tried all the troubleshooting steps. Nothing worked. It then says to call in to the Verizon office on the toll free number to report this. As I mentioned I can't call in. It also says I can try live chat - but that doesn't seem to be working.

Can you report this for me? What is the point of requiring people to call in for repair if they have no dial-tone? 

How can I report this to Verizon so I can get my phone service restored? I'm on disability and I need a phone.

0 Likes
CatfishRivers
Enthusiast - Level 1

From the Verizon Repair link:

"We are going to make every effort to resolve your problem. To do that:

We will check your account status and the Verizon network.
We will run a test on your phone line and provide possible actions to correct the issue.
Based upon the test results we will provide you with an option to report the trouble online."

Oh Really????

After some useless troubleshooting the options to report the trouble are to call in on the toll free line or contact live chat. Live chat is broke. So how does one call in if they have no dial tone? 

Who is the "genius" that created this online "help" service???

Who is the "genius" that did a faulty job of installing my telephone line(twice)???

Can't wait to cancel my Verizon service, Never had a problem with my copper line - but the "installers" cannot even hook up this new digital POS the right way.

At the risk of repeating myself - Can't wait to cancel my Verizon service. Yuck! -:(

0 Likes
CatfishRivers
Enthusiast - Level 1

@ElizabethS wrote:

If you are having an issue with your Verizon service, you can use the Verizon Troubleshooter to fix and report issues with your Verizon Phone, FiOS TV, or Internet Service, as well as to schedule a repair, here is the link:
http://www.verizon.com/repair

Have you even ever tried using the Verizon Troubleshooter? It's useless. And one cannot use the Verizon Troubleshooter to schedule a repair. One can be told from the Verizon Troubleshooter to call 1800-837-4966 to schedule a repair. The Live Chat is useless and broke.

0 Likes
CatfishRivers
Enthusiast - Level 1

OK it stopped raining and I have a dial tone. I was able to call in to Verizon and they ran a test and said I have a ground fault. The repairman is coming tomorrow. Hopefully they fix it right this time.

Good evening.

0 Likes
Hubrisnxs
Legend

The online repair troubleshooter needs to be reported.  It does not allow a customer to place a repair ticket without calling in. 

CatfishRivers
Enthusiast - Level 1

@Hubrisnxs wrote:

The online repair troubleshooter needs to be reported.  It does not allow a customer to place a repair ticket without calling in. 

Thank you! Finally somebody with some sense around here. 

Did the online repair troubleshooter ever allow a customer to place a repair ticket without calling in? Or maybe it was just designed poorly from the beginning? Of course Verizon will probably say that scheduling repairs/reporting outages without calling in is "not logistically feasible"??? -;)

0 Likes
Hubrisnxs
Legend

It did allow people to use it during Hurricane Sandy,  so it feels like they turned it off.  

if you go to www.verizon.com/outage you see the link for it, and then when you click the link for it, it's been removed from the next pages. 

Create repair request    <~~~~~~  this one is gone from the verizon.com/repair site. 

View repair request
0 Likes
CatfishRivers
Enthusiast - Level 1

@Hubrisnxs wrote:

It did allow people to use it during Hurricane Sandy,  so it feels like they turned it off.  

if you go to www.verizon.com/outage you see the link for it, and then when you click the link for it, it's been removed from the next pages. 

Create repair request    <~~~~~~  this one is gone from the verizon.com/repair site. 

View repair request

Thanks for the information. Hmmmm it could be that they had it up especially for Hurricane Sandy because they considered it an emergency effecting many - however for regular everyday usage it's possible Verizon has judged this feature to be "not cost effective"? Hard to say. 

So how does one go about "reporting" this to the proper channels? I'll be glad to try.

Or is it too much trouble (or perhaps too embarassing) for a Verizon rep to make an official comment about this situation on the thread?

IMO many people wanting to save money might not have a cell phone (disabled, low income etc.) However they might still have basic internet service that is up and running. For a sick/disabled person to not be able to report a phone outage online is poor judgement on Verizon's part IMO.

0 Likes