New Digital Voice user - unable to use DV functions on TV
Agg64
Enthusiast - Level 1

My DV was activated on Oct 9th (yesterday).  Voice mail was setup via my phone, other functions setup via web browser without a problem.  

However, both yesterday and today, when I use Menu > Digital Voice on my TV - the 3 options all show Setup is needed.  When I attempt to do a setup, I get the message that CallerID on TV is not setup.  Hmm, I've been using this for a couple of years.  I then found the following note in the DV user guide.

NOTE: CallerID on TV cannot be enabled for about 24 hours after your FiOS Digital Voice order completes. You will receive a message on the screen to check back later if you recently ordered service.

So I waited until today and tried again and I still see the same message.

So, what steps am I missing?

0 Likes
Re: New Digital Voice user - unable to use DV functions on TV
marc35655
Contributor - Level 1

Try 

MENU> SETTINGS > CALLER ID..

In there i'd start with CHECK AVAILABILITY . Should activate the caller id which takes a day or two.

Later if that service has issues you can try the TROUBLESHOOT in that menu.

Once Caller Id is active and working you should see the logs and such start to work.

0 Likes
Agg64
Enthusiast - Level 1

Marc:

My CallerID is already active  - and has been for a long time.  I have also tried the Troubleshooter but that had no affect.

I have considered trying to turn the function off (disable alert display) and then remove power from the box.

Since I have two of the multiroom DVRs, I tested the above theory on the 2nd box and it still does not see that the CallerID is active.

Tonight I will run the same procedure on the primary DVR and then wait another day or two to see if the behavior changes.

I am still open to suggestions.

Thanks

Bill

0 Likes
Agg64
Enthusiast - Level 1

It is now Friday, 10/12/12 - I just decided to try the Digital Voice on TV again and found that everything is now functional, with the exception that when I select an existing phome mail message (I've already listened to it via the web interface), I do not hear any sound.

So, the solution to the first "problem" was to wait several days.  Not sure about the sound.

0 Likes