Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get it fast with In-store & curbside pickup or same day delivery.

New Verizon Service Not Getting Dial Tone

rmyers3204
Contributor
Contributor

New Verizon Service Not Getting Dial Tone

Message 1 of 2
(339 Views)

I recently just changed my home phone service from Comcast to Verizon.  My new service was suppose to start yesterday but I do not have a dial tone.  I have a dial tone at the box on the side of my house but none of the phone jacks inside my house are getting a dial tone when I plug a phone into them.  I had no problems a week ago when I was with Comcast with the phone line.  All I did was cancel comcast phone and added verizon as my provider.  Anyone else have this issue?

1 REPLY 1
marc35655
Nickel Contributor
Nickel Contributor

Re: New Verizon Service Not Getting Dial Tone

Message 2 of 2
(313 Views)

For comcast to work you had to connect your indoor wiring to the comast system somewhere. For you to switch it to Verizon that needs to be changed physically to connect your indoor wiring to Verizon. Simply changing things in a computer won't connect the ONT to the wiring that was bypassed by Comcast

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.
Covid19

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.