New service installation nightmare - getting nowhere with customer support
MD591

My company moved our phone service from one suite to another within the same building we are in. We had setup the installation for the day before our PBX company was scheduled because they could not do their job unless we had our phone lines up and running. The day of the install nobody showed up. I called numerous times and always got a different answer but always that the technician was scheduled. At the end of the day I called back and the rep scheduled someone for first thing the next morning. It took till 3pm to finally get a hold of the technician (long after the PBX guy had given up finishing his job and went to his next appointment) and the tech said he would be out by 4pm. This is the time our building maintenance guys go home who could give him access to the utility room. That time came and went. The building maintencance guys were good enough to leave the door to the utility room open for me. I waited after hous and the guy finally showed up at 8:30 at night. 

We are a buisness. We had no phones for 2 days which cost us money. My company had to pay me to stay in the office till 10:00pm waiting for this technician. We had to pay the PBX guy to come back on the weekend and pay him time and a half because the Verizon tech never showed on the day he was scheduled and then showed up at night when he was supposed to be there first thing in the morning the next day. Which cost us money. 

When I called customer service they told me it was just bad scheduling and there was no way they could compensate our company for any of the frustration they put us through or the cost of their blunders. I asked to speak with a supervisor. The rep said she was on another call and she would give my info to the supervisor and that I would hear back from her within 48 hours. She never called. Big surprise. 

It is mind boggling to me that a huge corporation like Verizon can be so horrible in every aspect of its services and they are still in business. 

0 Likes
Re: New service installation nightmare - getting nowhere with customer support
ElizabethS
Moderator Emeritus

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you.

Please go to your profile page here on the forum, and look in the middle, right at the top where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.

Under “My Support Cases” you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. This should be checked on a frequent basis as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions.

To ensure you know when they have responded to you, at the top of your support case there is a drop down menu for support case options. Open that and choose "subscribe".

Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes