New telephone Line running from pole to house across grass
confusedcookie

As a result of an outside break somewhere in the existing telephone line, Verizon technican ran a temporary line from the pole to the house accross the lawn.  He said someone would be coming within a week or two to bury it.  It has been over a month and the line is still exposed to the elements, not to mention it is interferring with grass cutting.  I called verizon and they didn't know anything about it.  I was told a tech would call me within 24 hours, however, I haven't heard anything and it's been two days.   One main question, who pays for the external line to be buried, Verizon or me, the customer? I just received an email saying the "ticket was resolved"  hmmm, I haven't heard anything, and the line is still exposed........what is my next step?  Who do I contact?  Verizon's service center does not appear to be talking to each other. 

0 Likes
Re: New telephone Line running from pole to house across grass
jonjones1
Legend

Call your states Public Utilities Commission or Public Service Commission and file a complaint. They have a toll free number to call and they regulate Verizon and other utilities.

you can also call your local engineers office via calling city/town hall and let them contact the company.

You can also get the police evolved via filing a hazard complaint.

0 Likes
Re: New telephone Line running from pole to house across grass
kh-gary
Moderator Emeritus
Hi confusedcookie,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Please check your Private Message Inbox for a message from Verizon_Support. You can find your Inbox by clicking on your username at the top right corner of this page. Please direct all correspondence concerning your issue to the agents, who will be assisting you privately.
0 Likes