No Caller ID Notifications from Verizon Call Assistant (VCA)
SickOfVerizun
Enthusiast - Level 2

I just got notification that my Verizon Call Assistant was setup.  I downloaded the software and was browsing through the VCA options on the web site and calling myself to see how it works. I went to Settings and under Caller ID Notifications for VCA Messenger, my phone number shows with a check mark. I went to a different screen in the options, then went back to Settings and now I get an error every time "Error; We're sorry. We are unable to complete your request at this time. Please try again later" and then an OK button.  I clicked OK and now I notice that my phone number is missing from under Caller ID Notifications for VCA Messenger. And not only that but also the VCA software has stopped notifying on my computer of incoming calls.  This has been going on for 4 days.  I havent had the software 1 hour and already, yet another one of my so-called Verizon "quality" products, has broken.  Everytime I go into settings now i get that error and I no longer get the caller notifications from the VCA software.  The only options I changed in the settings was to receive email notifications of calls.

I called VCA support and after 15 minutes on hold I just hung up because I've been down this route before with Verizon and I don't feel like sitting on hold 30 minutes to get someone in India that i can't understand.  If the issue cannot be resolved here then I'm probably just going to leave the software broken. Its free anyway and its coming from Verizon so I don't expect it to work. Please help.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: RESOLVED: No Caller ID Notifications from Verizon Call Assistant (VCA)
SickOfVerizun
Enthusiast - Level 2

This issue is resolved.

Apparently mustve been something on Verizon's backend because all of a sudden now my phone number is back and VCA is working properly.  I am now receiving my new call notifications again and that Error is now gone as well.

Message Edited by SickOfVerizun on 06-15-2009 06:00 PM

View solution in original post

0 Likes
SickOfVerizun
Enthusiast - Level 2

This issue is resolved.

Apparently mustve been something on Verizon's backend because all of a sudden now my phone number is back and VCA is working properly.  I am now receiving my new call notifications again and that Error is now gone as well.

Message Edited by SickOfVerizun on 06-15-2009 06:00 PM
0 Likes
TerryB
I've reset mine a few times and still do not get a pop-up notification. Also, when I try use the dropdown menu from my desktop the screen freezes. All I can do is few calls and nothing else.
0 Likes