Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get it fast with In-store & curbside pickup or same day delivery.

No Dial Tone & Customer Service

SOLVED
WhyTheFuss
Contributor
Contributor

No Dial Tone & Customer Service

Message 1 of 2
(1,543 Views)

For the past month, the dial tone on my home phone keeps going out sporadically for hours at a time.

Today the phone has been out for over 24 hours to where I can't even reach Verizon customer service by phone. I have contacted customer service by chat on several occasions and I will only describe the experience as extremely aggravating.

The customer service on chat told me that they would send a technician out for repair BUT my scheduled visit would be cancelled if I did not answer the phone to confirm. How would it be possible for me to confirm a technician by phone when my phone is out ?????

This is the second time Verizon is sending someone out in under a week and I am not even sure if the technician will show up this time.

I explained to the customer service at least 3 times that my home phone was my only contact number, yet he insisted my appointment would be cancelled if I did not answer the phone before the technician is due to arrive. I asked him to send a confirmation by e-mail, he said okay, but I have only received a general notification.

How exactly does this process make any sense at all? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
WhyTheFuss
Contributor
Contributor

Re: No Dial Tone & Customer Service

Message 2 of 2
(1,501 Views)

My second time  with customer service on chat was great. They ensured a technician would show up and it actually happened at the time I was given. The technician was helpful and polite and I'm hoping my phone service will stay on from now on. I guess I'll have to wait a few days to really see what happens, but I'm satisfied for now.

Good employees at Verizon actually exist and they do make a difference. Hope Verizon treats them right.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
WhyTheFuss
Contributor
Contributor

Re: No Dial Tone & Customer Service

Message 2 of 2
(1,502 Views)

My second time  with customer service on chat was great. They ensured a technician would show up and it actually happened at the time I was given. The technician was helpful and polite and I'm hoping my phone service will stay on from now on. I guess I'll have to wait a few days to really see what happens, but I'm satisfied for now.

Good employees at Verizon actually exist and they do make a difference. Hope Verizon treats them right.

View solution in original post

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.
Covid19

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.