No Dialtone problems.
Naminate

I have called Verizon and made over 2 tickets but still no fix and still waiting. This forum is my last resort to get help from. This no dialtone problem in my landline started on June 4th and there have been no dialtone so no phone access since then. When I use a cellphone to call the home phone, the cell phone rings as if its working fine, but the home phone itself does not ring at all. Also there have been rare incoming calls on the home phone. I say this because everytime I try to call the home phone using a cell phone, it never rings. So how does it ring? And when it does ring, the ring tone is 50% lower in volume then usual. When I pick up the phone, I cant hear anything nor can I hear myself speak. This is all on the corded phone. I also have a cordless phone that is also attached to the phoneline. When the rare incoming call on the home phone shows up, the cordless phone doesnt ring as well but the corded home phone rings. Another problem is that my DSL works on and off all the time. It has been very unstable since there was no dialtone. I am very annoyed by the on and off of the DSL but glad that I have some service at least. I have called the Verizon CS about 5+ times this month. On the last recent ticket that is open, the Verizon CS said that it might be a problem at the central system and puts a date of 6/17 to get it fixed. Today is 6/18 night time and still not fixed. I have called again and another CS said that they checked the central system and it turns out that thats not the problem.. So now the CS says that he will have his senior call me back to discuss the details. I waited all day and still no call. So what do I do now? I need some answers. Its been 2 weeks going on 3 weeks. I dont want to end up going into a month then the bill comes and I have to pay for service I didnt have. 😕 So please help me. Sorry for rambling on and on.. I wanted to describe the problem as clear and fully as I can.

I also have tried replacing another corded phone into the jack but still the same.

0 Likes
Re: No Dialtone problems.
KaLin
Khoros Partner
Khoros Partner

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Please go to your profile page for the forum, and look in the middle, right at the top where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases".  You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.

Under “My Support Cases” you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information.  This should be checked on a frequent basis  as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes
Re: No Dialtone problems.
Verizon_Support
Customer Service Rep

Naminate,

We were able to get a technician out to your home to resolve your dialtone issues. Please let us know if you have any problems with the service in the future, and we would be happy to help. You were a pleasure to work with and we hope you have a wonderful weekend.

Thanks,

Rachel

0 Likes