No dial tone
squeechan
Enthusiast - Level 2
I switched from just having Fios internet and tv to add the digital voice. While signing up I was told that there would not need to be anyone at the house, and that they would be there on the 5th of April. Halfway through the day I checked, and my status was completed, but when I went home for lunch I have no dial tone on my phone. I've checked every phone jack in the house. Any ideas?
0 Likes
Re: No dial tone
Hubrisnxs
Legend

If you have NEVER had fios phone in general, then that means the tech never hooked up the phone to the ONT (main network terminal) 

Because of that, you'll need to either Hook up your phone directly into the ONT (there are a couple phone plug ins there,  or call Verizon and have them come out to connect your house inside wiring to the ONT box.    You can use the Contact Us link and open a live chat, or call Verizon at 1-800-VERIZON

0 Likes
Re: No dial tone
jjeanrn2

I have no dial tone also.  I was away for 3 months and had my phones put on vacation.  They were turned on the day I came home  but did not have caller ID or voice mail activated.  Today I have no dial tone I am so frustrated.  Thank God for cell phones.

0 Likes