No dial tone
Wolven

I discovered at 10:45AM today, 01/13/18, that I have no dial tone.  This happen twice before, some time in the last month or two.  The first time it seemed to straighten itself out.  The second time I had to take time off of work so a tech could show up and say it was a loose wire.  He tightened it and we had dial tone again.  Now it's down again.  Then when I try to go through the contact us options the only option I get is "Just Dial 1-800-VERIZON". Brilliant!!!  IF I COULD DO THAT, I WOULD NOT HAVE TO DO THAT!!!

Looks like it time to cut the cord and go wireless for everything, with a different company mind you.

0 Likes
Re: No dial tone
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Just a friendly reminder, this is a forum where users help other users. If you are having an issue with your Verizon service, you can use the Verizon Troubleshooters to fix and report issues with your Verizon Phone, Fios TV, or Internet Service, as well as to schedule a repair. You can find these tools that may help you diagnose your issue on the Verizon Residential Support page:
http://www22.verizon.com/residentialhelp

0 Likes
Wolven

Unfortunately when I use the troubleshooter, I end up at this page

Not helpful
0 Likes
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi Wolven,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you. Please go to your profile page for the forum and scroll down the page to an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name located above your post, or at the top right of this page.

Under "My Support Cases" you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. The title of your post is the link. This should be checked on a frequent basis, as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. To ensure you know when they have responded to you, you may subscribe to the case. At the top right of your support case there is a gear icon which provides a drop down menu with support case options. Click that and choose "subscribe". Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes