Re: No dialtone but a buzzing sound on the phone but dsl works. Can't call and receive phone calls.
elska11
Enthusiast - Level 1

Within 24 hours of calling in the service request, Verizon found the fault and fixed it! Nice job thanks.....

It was a line short (water in the telephone line) on the way from residence to the Central Office about a mile away.

The tech fixed the problem and called to explain what went wrong and what was fixed 🙂  Great Service I say 🙂 Thanks again!

I hope everyone else has their problems of this sort fixed as quickly, if not satisfied keep calling them back or sending a online service request and include as much detailed of the problem as possible.   Rain can be a pain !!

0 Likes
Re: No dialtone but a buzzing sound on the phone but dsl works. Can't call and receive phone calls.
sleepy717

Ditto! Verizon did come out to my place and said they fixed my phone line.....replaced a jack in my office......which now I cannot get  my DSL because the jack is DEAD! one working jack now, so either phone or internet my choice! phone line has much static and I hear other people on the line talking? kind of like a "party line" anyway I tried calling  Verizon back for two (2) straight hours. They never took my call. I tried several of their customer service numbers and waited on the phone for a very long time. I continued to call even after midnight when I finally got someone to answer my call.

I was told that they wouldn't be able to send someone out for a week! I live in the USA in California!  accessible easy to find area! I told the customer service person that  one week was unacceptable!  I really think Verizon can do better than this! she said that she would have them call me when the office opened on Friday morning........it never happened! so I called customer service once again on Friday.....took me about 40 minutes to get through this time.....I asked for a supervisor got put on hold.....no one ever answered so I called back again and finally did get a supervisor who told me that a repair person was in ROUTE to my house as we spoke! this was at 4:00 P.M. it's now 8:30 P.M. and I haven't seen the repair person yet! I don't think he's coming ya think?

I have tried online help at Verizon.....email, phone calls, I even let Verizon know that I have an elderly person with a heart condition and breathing problems living in the home! Verizon has shown no consern what so ever......for the health and safety of my family.  Having a land line in "working condition" is very important especially in an emergency situation!

I'm looking into other alternatives in providers now and possibly for my cell phone also which happens to be Verizon.

The worst customer service I have seen in a very long time!

0 Likes
sleepy717

Update: Just got off the phone with Verizon again I told the customer service person that at 4:00 P.M. I was told by a supervisor that the repair person was in route to my house and that it was now 11:00 P.M. and he had not shown up yet....I asked if he thought that they were still in route to my house and he said YES! they do work at night! OMG! now when someone asks me what my worst customer service experience  has been....hands down Verizon wins!!! (yes I have been asked this many times)

0 Likes