Re: being charged for long distance and have been calling for almost a year without issue resolved
KH-OrnEsh1
Moderator Emeritus

I'm sorry you are having difficulty. An agent with access to your account will reach out to you directly by email, private message in the Forums and/or the billing telephone number on your Verizon account for more information or to help you resolve your issue.

@Williek4 wrote:

I have been charged for long distance for almost a year, matter fact feb of this year will make a year, i have the freedom package and all blocks have or suppose to have been put on the account  so that this does not happen.  I have had to call every single month and every time i call i get the same answer that we have fixed the issue and when i get the bill same issue and they even sent a letter saying the phone was going to be disconnected if not paid ....I have talked to supervisors and begged for this to be fixed but not fixed is there anyone that can tell me what to do i have emailed and written letters begging for help but no reply or same reply we are fixing the issue Mr, Keene....

0 Likes
Re: No home phone for 6 weeks.....does anyone at Verizon care anymore???
Prpete011
Verizon is getting worse. I upgraded my sevice a few days ago and cannot no longer contact them for help. They are really jerks and care more about profits than customer serice<
0 Likes
KH-OrnEsh1
Moderator Emeritus

If you are having an issue with your Verizon service, you can use the Verizon Troubleshooter to fix and report issues with your Verizon Phone, FiOS TV, or Internet Service. You can also schedule a repair. Here is the link: http://www.verizon.com/repair

You can also find tools on the Verizon Residential Support page that may help you diagnose your issue: http://www22.verizon.com/residentialhelp

0 Likes
Poorfellow
Enthusiast - Level 3

@Smith6612 wrote:

I'm surprised that you had to go through all of that just to get telephone service back. While FiOS is nice, you just need to ensure the power isn't out for extended periods of time if your mother happens to have corded phones. Of course, if all she has are cordless this point might be moot anyways. FiOS has been dependable for a ton of people, so it shouldn't fail her.

I'm also surprised as to why Verizon wasn't able to get to the pole in which they have a right of way to. While the neighbor probably was very upset at Verizon over something, in most areas a person cannot deny a Utility (Verizon) access to the easement/poles in which the particular utility owns. If you try to fight the utility that has an easement you're bound to lose every time for as long as they are operating within the easement. Outside of the easement, yes the Utility must ask permission. Now, it depends on the municipality but I know this is the case in my area, and is probably the case in all of the New York City Boroughs as well. Sure, if the utility messes things up you can go after them to get it repaired, but you can't block them from getting to their network. In this case, you could have gotten the neighbor to shape up and stop hassling Verizon and neighbors by not letting them access the pole. The alternate pole was always an option, as it seems to be for FiOS, but honestly they didn't need to go through that.

Smith,

One of the reasons Verizon plant in Brooklyn is poor?  Access.  There is too much 'Philadelphia Wire' attached to the rear wall of homes, protected by private fences, for most I&R technicians to access all facilities.  Couple that with an immense attitude of entitlement to a quarter acre of concrete, and there are massive issues maintaining a decent level of service in this borough.

I've lived it as a customer, I understand it as someone who has worked in the Bell System, and it isn't completely Verizon's fault.  I do agree that the city and state should do a *lot* more to enforce the easement and allow Verizon to execute repair.

0 Likes
Re: being charged for long distance and have been calling for almost a year without issue resolved
Anthony_VZ
Master - Level 3

Hi,

We're showing that our business Representative  was able to make the necessary corrections to the account, and will make the follow-up on the next months bill.

I apologize again for the delay in this.  Please let us know in tech support if there is anything else we can  assist with.

Kim C

0 Likes
irbrenda
Contributor - Level 1

OMG!  I am the person from October 2011 who started this thread and I got excited for a moment when you responded to the post before this, about the long distance charges and no resolve!!!!!!!!!!!

Well, let me say that since October 2011 my elderly, almost 85yr old mother,  has not gotten one correct FIOS bill!!!!!  It has taken me at least 4-6 calls since Feb 2012 to still correct her bill.  We have redone her entire FIOS account (Double Play - Ultimate HD and Verizon Freedom phone) several times to try to see why her landline phone was never connected to her FIOS TV account.  It has taken so many supervisors month after month, with promise after promise, that the May 2012  bill would  FINALLY be correct! 

So, I got her new bill this month - one month: $378.00!!!!!!!!   with no internet.  She doesn't own a computer or know how to operate one.  I'm glad she can use her cell phone at most!  

Back to the supervisors last week:  took several calls and several days, redoing her account again, plus 2 days of me going thru  Verizon verification prompts, to get her new bill, which is still only an approximation.  

I can't wait to see what June surprise is in store for us!!!!!!!

0 Likes
irbrenda
Contributor - Level 1

And to follow up from my previous post:  My mother's June bill was an absolute joke.  Now, they have now once again taken  her home phone and billed it separately from her FIOS TV bill......after lordy knows how many supervisors promised they rectified her billing problem.  I truly have given up!

0 Likes