No incoming calls
sher1264

I kept getting emails about calls being received and never heard the phone ring. Picked up the phone to dial out and it said "line in use". Well I was the only person home so I started checking all the lines - unplugging and plugging them back in - still doesn't work. All I get is static. I still get internet but no phone line to make calls or receive calls. This happened once before last year and they had to fix a line down the street from us. Every single time it rains we get static in our lines and then our internet slows down - sometimes it doesn't even work at all. I've called several times, Verizon will send someone out and tell me my lines are fine, then it rains again and we start all over again. I am sick of trying to get this fixed. 

0 Likes
Re: No incoming calls
sher1264

Does anyone read these messages??? I still do not have phone service. My phone still says my line is in use but there is no one on the phone. I've unplugged everything for a while then plugged it back in and nothing changes. The same thing happened last year and it took them about 4 days to fix the problem down the road. Just enough signal comes through for internet but not the phone. Please fix this. 

0 Likes
KH-OrnEsh1
Moderator Emeritus

Just a friendly reminder, this is a forum where users help other users. It looks like your issue may require a Verizon representative to review your account details. Please contact our customer service team via live chat or email at: http://www22.verizon.com/content/contactus/

0 Likes
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

The next time it rains call Verizon from a mobile phone or another working line and report a trouble. They should be able to pick up where the problem is a bit better from that point. Granted, the techs should all have equipment on them that helps them to pinpoint where on your line the problem is too.

The static issues are a pain to fix but they have to work to resolve it. Keep calling them out until they get it right. Call voice repair too. If you have DSL, keep the DSL out of the conversation unless the tech asks you about it. Once the line is fixed, DSL service will improve.

0 Likes