No phone service yet again!!
countrygal3
Enthusiast - Level 2

#1: Reported landline problems 2nd time this month.  A few weeks ago the repair guy told us that he would put in an order for a new cable for my neighborhood.  Got a good laugh out of that.  Requests for a new cable have been going on for about 15 years!  I live in a rural neighborhood where the nearby city of Syracuse had been making news that Verizon refuses to upgrade to FIOS in lower income and rural areas.  i guess that means my neighborhood!  Not unsual to go with out the phone for a month at a time here.  #2:  If you call to report a problem, you can never get a human and it takes F-O-R-E-V-E-R.  #3:  Report a problem here on Verizon website, ok, but if you try to contact Verizon about why you are paying for a service that you are not receiving, you will get the runaround from site to site with no emailing to anybody who might be able to help available. And it takes F-O-R-E-V-E-R.  #4:  I am paying for a service I don't receive!!!  

0 Likes
Re: No phone service yet again!!
countrygal3
Enthusiast - Level 2

Just called billing about getting a credit on my bill for the third time this month.  I was told that there is an unusally high volume of calls right now, to call back another time.  So yet again, I can't get thru, email, phone call or chat!!  Why does Verizon get away with taking people's money and not providing the service as promised??  Please credit my bill ASAP!!

0 Likes
ElizabethS
Moderator Emeritus

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you.Please go to your profile page for the forum, and look in the middle, right at the top where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.
Under “My Support Cases” you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. This should be checked on a frequent basis as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. To ensure you know when they have responded to you, at the top of your support case there is a drop down menu for support case options. Open that and choose "subscribe".
Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes
Verizon_Support
Customer Service Rep

We did not hear back from you on your Private Support case. We hope you were able to find resolution to your issue.

If you require further assistance, feel free to make a new post, and we can be sure to look into your issue. As always, we're available for support around the clock.

Thanks,
Mitchell

0 Likes
countrygal3
Enthusiast - Level 2

July 11, 2014 still have noise on the line, Can't make or receive calls.  My neighbor reported this over a month ago as did I.  Why does Verizon support say that issue is resolved?  If I can't receive calls how can Verizon say they called me??  

0 Likes
countrygal3
Enthusiast - Level 2

This problem was never resolved.  No one contacted me.  Julu 10, 2014, phhone hasn't worked for a month.

0 Likes
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi countrygal,

You have had two private support cases opened concerning this issue.  Both were closed due to no response (one was reopened and closed twice).  In order for the agents to assist you, you would need to reply to their requests for information in the private support thread.  They do not monitor the public forums.  If you would like to correspond with the support agents, we would need to reopen one of the cases for you.  Please let us know if that is what you would like to do.

0 Likes
manhattanNYC1
Contributor - Level 2

when you call c/s for repair, get the order number, check online for you status.   In NYC  NY,  there is good service within 2 days,   switch to FiOs landline if possible. Good Luck.

0 Likes
countrygal3
Enthusiast - Level 2

What I ended up doing is reporting 15 years of bad service to the FCC.  When Verizon called me and said that service must be bad if I reported it to the FCC, I replied that I had tried to report it many times to the FCC, but reporting on a phone that doesn't work or using dial-up internet, with a phone connection that doesn't work, would not allow me to report to the FCC in a timely manner.  Now I have internet wireless (with another comapny) and can take care of business on line much easier and reporting Verizon to the FCC took about 3 minutes.  Verizon did come out and replace a part of our underground cable lines.  A supervisor from Verizon called and asked if I was satisfied, I told him that we shall see, let's see what happens the next time it rains, as the whole cable was not replaced.  I was kinda joking.  The joke was on me.  I said that to the supervisor on Friday, today is Monday and after heavy rains, my phone is not working again!  

0 Likes
manhattanNYC1
Contributor - Level 2

get FiOs landline phone service if it  is FiOs service in your area..

0 Likes