No phone service
pm7600

I am a customer who receives your internet for 34.99 and lifeline landline service. 

I chose lifeline service for the landline rather than my lifeline cell as I was told I can only have 1 according to the Govt.regulations. I was also told I had to have the land line to keep your internet on.  So I chose to have the landline than the safe link govt. issued cell phone.
Did you know your competitors do not need a land line to access the internet so I’m wondering if this is true or needed.

Now here is my frustrating issue,for a while I have been having very bad interrupted internet load and speed for the last few months.  Been told to just shut off and on and I had someone come to my house on one occasion last month who left for 3 hours and I had to call Verizon to find the worker and dispatch. They located him and her so I  got a call back from them and  finally was told to just plug my internet back on, and that was it. It worked for a little while. Then off and on again.

But since the 14th of July to my knowledge I have had no PHONE service now. NONE. No One can reach me either.  I honestly find this unnaceptable, Verizon.  I pay my bills on time and would like to just get answers and some service . I have been patient up to this point . I am also a customer who does not mind to pay more if it mean more better service.

I have made numerous calls ,been disconnected after long wait times,  bounced from one person to another ,a number of times people came to my house and my building to fix the problem.

On a number of times I have dealt with inconsistencies like dates made when they actually come a day EARLY when I am not there. I also have made appointments and also been told they don’t need to come to my house anymore so when I am not there they come another day and say an excuse that I wasn’t home when I was told I didn’t need to be since the issue is not in my house and told it is supposedly in 1 of the boxes downstairs.

I have had other situations where someone comes out to the building downstairs a number of times and says they fixed it and I go home to make a call and the phone goes dead and the problem starts all over again.

The last time someone came out Tuesday the 29th of July (and I was sure to be home that Monday also in case they came a day before as they are known to do so) ; they told me that no none is downstairs to open the door to another box my building super seems to be in charge of and needs a key.

Shouldn’t Verizon keep such keys ???

Now I nor anyone can reach the building super so that leaves me still with no service as a women approaching elderly age of 60 years.I have no home phone in case of emergencies and my internet wifi not working properly and overages on my cell phone piling up  when I use the internet  on my cell and they are restricting data due to over the limit. What am I to do now with you guys??

I WAS told by your company I need this phone line to keep my( slow) internet on.  I get only2 mbps in my area and still cant get Fios in my building where there are people in my block who I was told have already .

I have spoken to your competitor Time Warner and they say they don’t even need to get in a box and they do everything through a modem if this is true I might need to go to another company.

I feel like Verizon is like the old ages.Why? Is there not anything your company can do to progress this situation at this point? I thought you guys where the leading company. I will try other means of getting this complaint out if you guys do not handle this or if I am contacting the wrong dept here and or do not get a reply ( not an automated or outourced either please.)
Please direct me to who can as I will keep looking.  The better buisness bureau fcc news can be somewhere to go if you guys cant honestly help me in which i really hope you can. I also know that if it was you guys going through all this runaround you would be just as frustrated as i am .
I am a dissapointed customer .

0 Likes
Re: No phone service
ElizabethS
Moderator Emeritus

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you.Please go to your profile page for the forum, and look in the middle, right at the top where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.
Under “My Support Cases” you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. This should be checked on a frequent basis as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. To ensure you know when they have responded to you, at the top of your support case there is a drop down menu for support case options. Open that and choose "subscribe".
Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes
Re: No phone service
Verizon_Support
Customer Service Rep

We did not hear back from you on your private support case after several days.  We hope that your services are working as they should post-repair.

If you require any further assistance, feel free to reach out. We're here around the clock for support.

Thanks,

Ali Adam

0 Likes