Northeast : FiOS phone intermittent voice issue
LeeYac
Enthusiast - Level 1

FiOS phone intermittent voice issue"I just got a message from my wife at home that she has been having problems with our phone where people cannot hear her speaking on their end of the line... and, I just saw another post in another thread reporting the same thing. I asked her to call and report it (using her cell of course ).

Has anybody else in Northern NJ encountered this issue today?"

Seems a lot of people in NNJ have this issue.Me included. I can hear the party I called but the cannot hear me at all. Any news?

http://www.dslreports.com/forum/r25430838-Northeast-FiOS-phone-intermittent-voice-issue

Lee

0 Likes
Re: Northeast : FiOS phone intermittent voice issue
LeeYac
Enthusiast - Level 1

Hi,

FYI it is Digital Voice issue.. Not Pots

Thx

Lee

0 Likes
Hubrisnxs
Legend

digital voice is a lot like VOIP and when that happens there is a certain type of procedure to follow.  I think verizon will have to do it for you though, so you may want to open a chat support session or call them at 888 553 1555

let us know if they were able to help. 

0 Likes
Rotary1
This extended beyond NNJ. Last week in upstate NY, Verizon said there was a FiOS problem (when I called to report a copper problem). How often does this happen? I'm considering dropping my landline altogether.
0 Likes
stagehand
Enthusiast - Level 2

Although it was not particularly noticeable on any human-to-human calls, we had trouble with intermittent outgoing voice last week when my wife used her company's InterCall (group voice conferencing) while working from home. She found it annoying and embarrassing. The Verizon Assistant program was useless for troubleshooting. I didn't bother to file a repair complaint because I suspected it would take a long time in a queue, and that the fault would be blamed on InterCall. It seems to me that the Verizon "Assistant" should automatically search for local service advisories, and at least report if there are none. Otherwise, what's the point of an automated assistant program?

Thank you very much for posting, because now I know that it was Verizon's fault, not InterCalls! This is a real argument against FIOS digital voice. We may have to go back to copper dial tone if this occurs again.

0 Likes