quick menu

Number was supposed to be ported yesterday. Never happened... states "Non working number" HELP!!!

Number was supposed to be ported yesterday. Never happened... states "Non working number" HELP!!!

Contributor rymorrison99
Contributor
Message 1 of 2
(285 Views)

Please help me!  I've had a landline phone number for over 30 years and just had it ported back to Verizon yesterday.... it never happened and now it states it's a "non working number"  Please help!

1 REPLY 1
Gold Contributor VII
Gold Contributor VII

It may just be a delayed port. Comcast to Verizon in which case it was probably ported to Verizon but has not been activated yet. 

this site may be able to assist.

https://www.fcc.gov/consumers/guides/porting-keeping-your-phone-number-when-you-change-providers

Please note the old service must be active while the number is ported to the new provider. After the new provider alerts you to a successful port you then can cancel service from the old provider.

in certain situations numbers can not be ported. But the company will tell you why.

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.

Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.

My Verizon

• Add or Change Plan
  • Suspend My Service
  • Apps

Support

Watch Fios