Old Touch Tone Phone Can't Make Outgoing Call
Tanderson975

Hi,

I recently got setup with fios and wanted to use an older phone with it but am unable to make outgoing calls. I have a dial tone and when I push the buttons I hear a touch tone, but the phone doesn't make the call and ends up going to a busy signal.

I have tried seeing if it was a polarity issue but doesn't seem to be the case and It shouldn't be too old because the phone isn't pulse dialing.

Would really appreciate some help or if other people have had success using older phones with fios

Tags (3)
0 Likes
Re: Old Touch Tone Phone Can't Make Outgoing Call
Cang_Household
Community Leader
Community Leader

Have you tested whether your old phone is functioning correctly?

Edg1
Community Leader
Community Leader

Polarity won't be an issue on fios. Do you have another phone to try. The issue is likely with the phone. 

Tanderson975

I believe so. I can receive calls and the voice sounds great. I haven't tried it on a different line because I don't know anyone else who has fios home phone

0 Likes
Tanderson975

It would just seem odd that the phone would be damaged if I can receive calls

0 Likes
Edg1
Community Leader
Community Leader

Can you take the phone and connect it directly to the ONT? Also you can pick up new phone at Target for $15. It's very unlikely the issue is the ONT. 

https://www.target.com/p/at-t-tr1909-trimline-corded-phone-with-caller-id-white/-/A-11196435

Tanderson975

It’s been connected directly into the ONT. is there a different configuration?

0 Likes
dexman
Community Leader
Community Leader

Old Western Electric model 1500 telephones were polarity sensitive and would not be able to break dial tone if the tip and ring were switched.

0 Likes