On Screen caller ID is wrong
Pahiker1
Contributor - Level 1

I hope someone here can help, after 9 transfers (and two hours) on Verizon's phone support I got nowhere. This should be an easy fix, but neither Verizon nor VW wants to take ownership and resolve the problem.

My family is all on one wirelss plan, when they call me on my cell (iPhone, if that matters) I can see who is calling. But, when they call my FIOS landline it's my name that appears, not theirs.

The VW people say there is a FIOS setting called Shared ID and that Verizon support could help me change it. Maybe that's true, but every time I call Verizon support I get billing people not techinical. The billing people offer to transfer me to tech support, but every time they transfer me I get to a different person who says they are billing only. Of course, they don't tell me that until I go through the whole explanation of the problem and they put me on hold to resolve the issue. Then, when they can't resolve it they tell me that it's because they are billing, but will transfer me to the "right" person to help, who just ends up being another billing person.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: On Screen caller ID is wrong
Edg1
Community Leader
Community Leader

I used the app, but the website is fine too. One smartphone can do all your devices, but if you only have flip phones then use the website. 

View solution in original post

Edg1
Community Leader
Community Leader

The reason you see the correct name on your cell phone is because that number is programmed in your phone. It is true that under a family plan only the one name will show up on all the lines. However this would be a Verizon Wireless issue not Verizon FiOS. You can log into your Verizon Wireless account page and change the display name on each line. My wife did this for her cell and when she calls her name now shows up on caller ID.  

Pahiker1
Contributor - Level 1

Can you ask her how she did that? The only thing I have found is something called Call Filter, but that requires a subscription to the service.

0 Likes
Edg1
Community Leader
Community Leader

When you go into the My Verizon app tap the Menu icon in the upper left and go to Devices > Manage > Share Name ID

Pahiker1
Contributor - Level 1

App? Are we on the phone or the website? Some of our phones are flip, so there is no app. 

0 Likes
Edg1
Community Leader
Community Leader

I used the app, but the website is fine too. One smartphone can do all your devices, but if you only have flip phones then use the website. 

Pahiker1
Contributor - Level 1

Unless I missed something, that requires a $2.99/month service?

0 Likes